Favorite Anime

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Everyone has a list, I'm sure. Could be only 5, could be up to 50 for all I know.

I posted my top 10 earlier, and it's pretty much the same as before.

1: Neon Genesis Evangelion
2: Yu Yu Hakusho
3: Monster
4: Cowboy Bebop
5: Death Note
6: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
7: Mobile Suit Gundam
8: Zeta Gundam
9: Full Metal Panic!
10: Baccano!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Neomysterion X. Prime

Here's my updated list of favourite anime (with some underappreciated series mixed in there):

DragonBall Z
Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo
Gurren Lagaan
Fooly Cooly/FLCL
Pokemon (the anime)
Zatch Bell
One Piece
Sailor Moon
Cardcaptors
Mew Mew Power
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Cowboy Bebop
...and a whole lot more where that came from.  :sly:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

1. Yu Yu Hakusho
2. Full Metal Panic! TSR (basically all 3 seasons, but TSR is the best of them)
3. Monster
4. Cowboy Bebop
5. Great Teacher Onizuka
6. Death Note
7. Hunter X Hunter
8. Black Lagoon
9. Zoids: Chaotic Century/Guardian Force
10. Trigun

Dr. Insomniac

In no order: Baccano!, both series of FMA, YYH, Evangelion, Trigun, anything by Kon, Miyazaki, Hosoda, and some others I'm probably forgetting.

SSJ Jake

1. Dragon Ball Z
2. One Piece
3. Fist of the North Star
4. Hellsing Ultimate
5. Kinnikuman
6. Lupin III
7. Cowboy Bebop
8. Big O
9. Yu Yu Hakusho
10. FLCL

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Spark Of Spirit

1. Monster
2. Yu Yu Hakusho
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Martian Successor Nadesico
5. Trigun
6. BECK
7. Higurashi
8. Dragon Ball
9. Gundam 0080
10. FLCL
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Angus

10 titles I would like to watch more of or finish in the upcoming year.
1. Soul Eater
2. One Piece
3. Aria the Natural / Origination
4. Case Closed
5. Dragonball Kai
6. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
7. Monster
8. Nana
9. Hell Girl
10. Clannad
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Pharass

Tough choice. Right now, however I think I'll have to go with "Legend of the Galactic Heroes", that show was quite simply sublime; an epic in the truest sense of the word.

Other favorites (although several of them have already mentioned):

Monster
Princess Mononoke (no one said I couldn't list movies)
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (although the manga is better, the movie is a masterpiece in it's own way)
Porco Rosso
Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro (or just Lupin III in general, I guess)
Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (with an honorable mention to the 2003 animé)
Seirei no Moribito
Eden of the East
Yu Yu Hakusho (haven't seen all of it yet, but I really like it, so far)

And many others.

By the way, I was thinking of mentioning "The Mysterious Cities of Gold", but I'm not sure if it counts as an animé. It is partially japanese though.

What sayeth the jury?

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Thanks for reminding me about Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I saw one movie for it which I believe takes place before the events of the actual series, and I really liked it. I need to watch that entire series sometime.

As for Eden of the East, I have yet to see either of the movies, but I re-watced part of the dub, and it holds up even better than I remember, even though I expected to enjoy it less on my 2nd run through it. This may be partly due to the English dub being extremely well done for it (IMO).

Pharass

Haven't seen the "Eden of the East" movies either, would you by any chance know if they just rehash the plot of the series or if it's completely new stories with the same characters?

As for "Legend of the Galactic Heroes", it's one of those shows I think anyone should watch at least once in their life. So, yes, you should definitely check it out.

By the way, I could be mistaken but I think "Legend" is the longest OVA ever made, considering that it's 110 episodes long and I'm not aware of any other OVA that went past one-hundred episodes.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Pharass on January 04, 2011, 03:15:21 PM
Haven't seen the "Eden of the East" movies either, would you by any chance know if they just rehash the plot of the series or if it's completely new stories with the same characters?

I know that they are both sequels that continue and conclude the story, respectively. They aren't those compilation type movies that just cut a bunch of important scenes of a series into a movie-length feature. I'm waiting for them to get licensed over here in America to view them.

Pharass

Them being sequels makes sense since the series ended with a few questions still unanswered.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Hime

Here's my favorite anime :D

1. Bleach
2. Yakitate!! Japan
3. Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
4. Midori no Hibi
5. Sailor Moon
6. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
7. Cardcaptor Sakura
8. xxxHolic
9. Vampire Knight
10. Black Jack
11. Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z!
12. Magikano

....and seriously, there are more series I like.

Angus

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 04, 2011, 04:01:28 PM
Quote from: Pharass on January 04, 2011, 03:15:21 PM

I know that they are both sequels that continue and conclude the story, respectively. They aren't those compilation type movies that just cut a bunch of important scenes of a series into a movie-length feature. I'm waiting for them to get licensed over here in America to view them.

Sounds good. According to wikipedia (uh oh) Funimation's got them. I've just finished the first half (disc 1) of the TV series, and hope it's not a rehash.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

gunswordfist

I can't believe I missed this thread. I'm sure I haven't changed anything since my number one made the list.

1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
2. Fullmetal Alchemist
3. Samurai Champloo
4. Fist Of The Northstar (YOU WA SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!)
5. Yu yu Hakusho
6. Heat Guy J
7. Baki The Grappler
8. Trigun
9. Rurouni Kenshin
10. Lupin The Third
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody