Anime Adaptations That You Want To See (And Will Probably Never Happen)

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, March 12, 2014, 11:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 14, 2017, 03:34:13 PM
Vector Ball has been doing decently so far, nothing amazing yet. But it also is pretty new. If it gets an anime, it will depend on how Kodansha pushes it. I would just wonder if we'll ever get the manga over here. They still haven't finished Animal Land for crying out loud.

Yeah, Animal Land doesn't seem to be performing particularly well for Kodansha USA.  Volume 12 was initially slated for April, but it now seems to be pushed back to September (though Volume 13 is still strangely listed for October).  I doubt that they're going to drop it since they only have 3 volumes left, but it's definitely a low priority for them at this point.  If they do pick up Vector Ball, it will probably be digital-only like a lot of their recent acquisitions.  Personally, I just want to be able to read more of the series so I'd be fine with a digital-only release for Vector Ball, but it's a real shame that Raiku has not had much success in the west since Zatch Bell.

Spark Of Spirit

Even Zatch Bell has been a problem since the lawsuit. The manga was pulled out of print and Kodansha has not re-released it. The anime got lost in the mix.

Raiku has had a lot working against him over here. This is why I'm hoping Vector Ball finally gives him the kick he deserves.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Psyren tops yet another list again.

Muhyo & Roji made the same lists multiple times and has an anime coming this summer. Could Psyren be next? I sure hope so. All I would ask is that Iwashiro be given a chance to rewrite the final arc in a way to flesh it out as originally intended.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton