Favorite Anime

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

http://www.sakuafk.com/2012/06/30/fate-stay-night-heavens-feel-rumour-at-anime-expo-2012/

Oh, yes. Yes. Yes! I so hope this happens.

(Didn't know where to post this. Fate/Zero is one of my favorite anime, so... yeah? Let's roll with this.)

Rynnec

I'd like to see it happen myself, especially since it's unlikely I'll ever play the VN anytime soon. Doesn't DEEN still hold adaptation rights for FSN though? If they do, Ufotable could always do a Tsukihime anime using the Melty Blood/Carnival Phantasm cast. I bet lots of fans would love to see a Tsukihime anime. :sly:

Foggle

The problem with the VN is that you have to read Fate before you unlock UBW and HF. Fate is horrid, and also like 25+ hours long. Plus, even in the awesome parts, the writing/translation is still pretty sophomoric.

HF anime would be godlike, especially by ufotable. With all the bullshit edited out and animated fight scenes, it would be a masterpiece. Same deal with UBW, but fucking Deen probably ruined our chances of ever seeing a proper adaptation for that one.

Rynnec

Yeah, that's the biggest reason I haven't downloaded the VN yet (other than the usual deal like trusting the right and safe source to download it from and whatnot). Other than a few fights like Saber vs Assassin, I don't think I can slog through 25 hours of a story I'm not really interested in just to get to the good stuff. And this is coming from the guy who read through all of Fallout fucking Equestria.

I guess I'll have to make do with Xerblade's youtube video's of the VN.

Dr. Insomniac

You people and your visual novels. :sly:

Grave

01. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
02. Samurai Champloo
03. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex/2nd Gig
04. Gungrave
05. Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
06. Cowboy Bebop
07. Hellsing
08. Trigun
09. Yu Yu Hakusho
10. Death Note

For the most part my list don't change much unless I see something that really catches my eye, and for the most part that's very rare especially since I'm very picky about what I watch.

The Shadow Gentleman

I need to watch more anime.  :imnothappy:

GregX

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Berserk

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: GregX on January 04, 2013, 10:51:19 AM
1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Berserk
Watch a show called Baccano. It's the best interpretation of the Prohibition Era in a long time.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: GregX on January 04, 2013, 10:51:19 AM
2. Berserk

Hmmmm.....That reminds me that I need to continue reading the manga, which I've only read the first 3 volumes of. I've never actually thought to watch the anime, though, now that I think about it.

Quote from: Graywulf76 on January 04, 2013, 08:51:39 AM

Well, 4 of those are among my top 10 favorites, 1 of them I like quite a bit but its not a personal favorite, and 1 of them I can respect but could never really get much enjoyment out of, myself. Good choices, either way.

Avaitor

While all 6 are personal favorites of mine. ;)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on January 04, 2013, 11:00:35 AM
Watch a show called Baccano. It's the best interpretation of the Prohibition Era in a long time.

And yet for some reason I didn't find it that entertaining. Weird, considering that I usually love this kind of stuff.

The Shadow Gentleman

I actually meant that there are a lot of good animes I have yet to watch, and of the ones I have watched I only really liked those 6 enough to call them my favorites. I'll probably post a new list when I've watched a fair amount of shows. Thanks for the feedback anyway. :)