Favorite Anime

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My list would more or less be the same as Desensitzed's, but in a different order, and would also include Yuri on Ice.

gunswordfist

6. My Hero Academia
5. Erased
4. Dragonball Super
3. Mob Psycho 100
2. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable
1. Ushio & Tora
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Pharass

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on December 24, 2016, 05:43:08 PM
Nice list! I assume Hakumen is your favorite based on how big his picture is.  ;)

I made this grid of my favorite anime/manga villains a while ago, but I don't think I posted it on here so I might as well do it now:

Nice to see Retsudo there (and Johan too, no anime/manga villain list would be complete without him). Makes me want to do one of these myself.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

What does everyone think of The Anime Awards 2016 results (so far. They'll announce Anime Of The Year later this month) http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-976961/crunchyroll-presents-anime-awards-2016

VLordGTZ

I'm surprised that Yashiro won best villain since most people were really mad at that reveal when it happened in Erased.  That being said, the fact that Kira was able to almost won was very impressive since JoJo's sheer episode length has probably prevented a lot of people from getting to his introduction.  Beyond that, YoI won a ton of categories, though that is probably partly due to being so recent in people's minds.

Rynnec

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I enjoyed Erased quite a lot despite its clear faults, but it definitely didn't deserve to win for Best Drama (that honor goes to SGRS) or Best Villain (which is easily a toss-up between Hakumen no Mono or Yoshikage Kira, IMO).

I'm perfectly cool with Midoriya winning Best Hero, but on a personal level I'd pick Tora as my first choice, with Mob being a close second (Midoriya would tie with Ushio as my third choice, and Josuke would cap off my top five of the year in this category).

Yuri on Ice had undeniably stellar animation, but personally I feel that Mob Psycho 100 and Kiznaiver edged it out in that category (and I'm not even a fan of Kiznaiver, personally).

VLordGTZ

I was fine with Yuri on Ice winning Best Animation since it was still very good, though not as consistent as other shows.  The only category I feel it really didn't deserve was Best ED, since Mob Psycho's ED was made using "paint-on glass animation" which is known for being a very difficult animation technique.  Meanwhile YoI's ED......is just a bunch of still images.

gunswordfist

If it was up to me, Tora or Okuyasu would have won Best Hero. But then again, Deku is all about being a hero so no complaints, honestly...outside of them not getting nominated.

VLordGTZ

Funimation has acquired the home media rights to The Seven Deadly Sins

I'm really surprised that Funi got the license of over Aniplex USA, though it must be partly due to it being a sub-license from Netflix and that Aniplex wasn't the sole producer on the show.  In any case, it looks like I won't need to pay $200+ to own this series on blu-ray.  :)

Spark Of Spirit

Good for fans. The less Aniplex USA gets the better.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

So apparently there was an offer to produce a Shaman King anime remake at one point, but Hiroyuki Takei turned it down because they couldn't get the old voice actors back or use the previous ost.

Honestly, I'm kind of disappointed that Takei turn down the remake since I would have loved to see an anime that more closely followed the manga.  The manga's 20th anniversary is next year, so maybe something might come to fruition for that (I'm doubtful though).

Spark Of Spirit

I can understand the VAs, but the OST is an odd reason. If it's a new anime, using the old OST is not exactly practical for many reasons. That said, many of the old VAs are pretty huge now, so it would cost a pretty penny.

The thing to take away is that someone was offering to make a new anime of an old property. I hope this trend continues. Personally I would have liked to see unadapted works like Psyren and Muhyo & Ryoji get a chance first, but Shaman King was pretty popular.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, this probably wasn't a new anime at all. It was probably a "remastering" like Whistle is getting. In that case, I think turning it down was perfectly justified as it likely wouldn't help anyone involved at all except the production company.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Speaking of Psyren, which I recently re-read, adapting older manga properties (granted that I would hardly consider Psyren to be old at this point in time) could also be a good way to further flesh out stories that didn't get the proper treatment. It's really easy to see that Psyren's final arc was insanely rushed since the rankings were down and the author pretty much knew that a premature cancellation was inbound. As a result, the last three volumes are a complete mess of forced plot points and rushed character development just to get to the end. An anime adaptation could do what the YYH anime did for the Three Kings arc and actually flesh out the last few volumes of the manga into a much more satisfying conclusion, and they could even have the mangaka write the extra content in order to tell the story that he wanted to tell. Besides, after his most recent manga Kagamigami also had an unfortunate early cancellation, the guy could really use the popularity push of one of his most notable series getting an anime.

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 15, 2017, 10:37:35 AM
I can understand the VAs, but the OST is an odd reason. If it's a new anime, using the old OST is not exactly practical for many reasons. That said, many of the old VAs are pretty huge now, so it would cost a pretty penny.

The thing to take away is that someone was offering to make a new anime of an old property. I hope this trend continues. Personally I would have liked to see unadapted works like Psyren and Muhyo & Ryoji get a chance first, but Shaman King was pretty popular.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, this probably wasn't a new anime at all. It was probably a "remastering" like Whistle is getting. In that case, I think turning it down was perfectly justified as it likely wouldn't help anyone involved at all except the production company.

By using the old OST, I think he might have been referring to being able to re-record/remix the old songs and use them for the remake.  But yeah, this goes to show that old property revivals are still being thrown around, and they probably aren't going away anytime soon given their current success rate.   Considering that we're getting a new Baki and FMP anime because of this trend, I can't complain at all.