Favorite Anime

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on February 15, 2017, 12:29:19 PM
Speaking of Psyren, which I recently re-read, adapting older manga properties (granted that I would hardly consider Psyren to be old at this point in time) could also be a good way to further flesh out stories that didn't get the proper treatment. It's really easy to see that Psyren's final arc was insanely rushed since the rankings were down and the author pretty much knew that a premature cancellation was inbound. As a result, the last three volumes are a complete mess of forced plot points and rushed character development just to get to the end. An anime adaptation could do what the YYH anime did for the Three Kings arc and actually flesh out the last few volumes of the manga into a much more satisfying conclusion, and they could even have the mangaka write the extra content in order to tell the story that he wanted to tell. Besides, after his most recent manga Kagamigami also had an unfortunate early cancellation, the guy could really use the popularity push of one of his most notable series getting an anime.
He was told to wrap it up which, unfortunately, meant he had to get through that last arc as fast as possible. It's really a shame they couldn't just give him the time to wrap it up, but Jump never really pushed the series much at all and it was far more popular outside of Japan. I do hope he gets a chance in the future, because he's obviously talented.

The thing is, with Funimation and other companies pushing Japan to create anime, it would make sense to create one based on a manga that was far more popular here than it was in Japan. That's how we even got a Trigun movie in the first place. Psyren is undoubtedly a perfect candidate for that. I'm sure MAPPA would be up for it since they've stated one of their goals is to adapt series that never got the chance back in the day. A 39 episode series like Ushio & Tora or Tiger Mask would probably be enough to give it the room it needs.

But at the end of the day, it's just nice to see more older properties even given the chance at all.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Still waiting for a Baki release date. The OVA looked pretty good.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 15, 2017, 02:52:27 PM
Still waiting for a Baki release date. The OVA looked pretty good.

I haven't watched the OVA itself yet, but based on the preview, it looks like TMS is doing a great job adapting the series.  That reminds me, I really need to finish reading/watching the first series before the new anime comes out.  :sweat:

Spark Of Spirit

Big O is getting a Complete Series Blu Ray release!

Good job on that, Sentai. Now if you could remind everyone about Ushio & Tora...
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

YES!! I'll probably buy that since I can't find any streaming service with it.

LumRanmaYasha

So it's finally show time.  :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

Took long enough. Now to wait for it to show up on amazon.ca

LumRanmaYasha

It's about time! I'm most excited about the fact this means we'll finally see it on Crunchyroll and Funimation's video service soon. Finally, a legal way to stream Outlaw Star! I'll of course be picking up the blu-ray too, but the easy accessibility of streaming OS wherever and whenever I want gives me so much more incentive to rewatch it.

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Avaitor

Cool. That's one I've always wanted to check out, but never got to. If they stream it somewhere, I'll check it out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Need to find out what the hell that show is about.

Spark Of Spirit

Kenichi Sonoda interview.

He states they're currently in the planning stages for a new Gunsmith Cats anime.  Looks like more old properties are getting revived.

Unrelated, but I still want to see one for Karakuri Circus.