Favorite Anime

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Discotek is releasing the Project A-Ko sequels after a six year wait. They're also putting out Soul Link and the Crusher Joe OVAs.

Really respect these guys for keeping the older stuff in print.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Viz has licensed Mr. Osomatsu. Both seasons. They'll be simulcasting season 2.

Also, a Ranma 1/2 movie and OVA collection is coming this September.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 10, 2017, 07:21:34 PM
El Hazard and The Third are on Crunchyroll.

It's the TV show of El Hazard, by the way.
Which is godawful and best ignored in its entirety.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 11, 2017, 05:16:09 PM
Viz has licensed Mr. Osomatsu. Both seasons. They'll be simulcasting season 2.

Also, a Ranma 1/2 movie and OVA collection is coming this September.

We've known about the Ranma 1/2 set for a while, but needless to say I'm quite happy that it won't be too much longer before I'll have the entire anime and manga on my shelves.

And heck yeah for Osomatsu! I wasn't expecting Viz to get it, but it's a good fit for them. I'm glad they're dubbing it too.

VLordGTZ

Discotek has licensed the Ashita no Joe film! :shakeshakeshake:

I'll definitely be picking up this release day-one.  Hopefully, it will lead to both of the TV anime getting licensed at some point.

Discotek has also picked up Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier!

It's good to see that this series will finally get a full release in the US.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Even though it's far from the ideal way to experience AnJ (it really isn't a story that can be so easily condensed into the length of a feature length film, even only covering one part of it) I'll definitely be picking up this release. It's just great to see some part of it being officially released here. I'd be ecstatic if Kodansha could bring the manga over here. I'd assume that Kodansha Comics would be the one since their parent company from Japan owns the rights to AnJ in manga form. Of course, Dark Horse is another alternative as they are no stranger to licensing classic manga from the 50's to the late 70's.

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on August 13, 2017, 02:09:13 PM
Even though it's far from the ideal way to experience AnJ (it really isn't a story that can be so easily condensed into the length of a feature length film, even only covering one part of it) I'll definitely be picking up this release. It's just great to see some part of it being officially released here. I'd be ecstatic if Kodansha could bring the manga over here. I'd assume that Kodansha Comics would be the one since their parent company from Japan owns the rights to AnJ in manga form. Of course, Dark Horse is another alternative as they are no stranger to licensing classic manga from the 50's to the late 70's.
The main publishers that tend to license Kodansha titles in the US are Kodansha USA, Verticle, and Seven Seas.  Seven Seas, especially, has been licensing a number of old manga lately like Devilman, Captain Harlock, and Dragon Half, so licensing Ashita no Joe wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for them.

Spark Of Spirit

Discotek also licensed Project ARMS, NieA_7, Lupin III: The Legend of the Gold of Babylon, and Bananya. There's also an update on some of their most recent licenses.

Discotek is turning into possibly the best anime licencor at this rate.

Foggle

They said they want to be "the Criterion of anime." Aside from licensing Imocho I'd say they're succeeding so far!

VLordGTZ

In case anyone missed this last week, Funimation has licensed Space Battleship Yamato 2199 and is dubbing it!

They're releasing one episode each Wednesday on CR and FuniNow (sub and dub respectively).  I just watched the first ep of the dub and it sounded great!  I'm glad that the series is finally being given the treatment that it deserves.

Spark Of Spirit

I missed this completely. Great news!

gunswordfist

New list:

1. Trigun
2. My Hero Academia
3. Dragon Ball Super
4. Erased
5. Phantom Blood
6. Mob Psycho 100

This list is about what I've watched recently. Still need to finish a Ushio & Taro rewatch.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Good list. I'm surprised you like Phantom Blood the most of the JoJo parts.

gunswordfist

I do and I don't. It's there because I rewatched it earlier this year to celebrate it being on Toonami (think I watched most of the episodes the same time they came on tv), I loved the 2nd half so much more this time around and I think all the episodes are 9 or 10 out of 10 but the other parts do have better characters and a lot of great moments. tl;dr I need to rewatch them all to find a true favorite.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody