Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus

Quote from: Desensitized on July 07, 2011, 10:33:43 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 07, 2011, 10:21:04 PM
And some are legally free.
!? I did not know this!

Sweet!

Oooh, I hope that's the dub version. Netflix recently posted the sub one. :/ Agreed it's one of Liam's best roles. Screw Gaara.

EDIT: Yep, it's the dub! Hooray!
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Angus

Quote from: Desensitized on July 07, 2011, 05:02:58 PM
Finally, someone else on this board who likes Fruits Basket!

Guess I should have barked more   :hayguyz:

That's a great gateway series for shojo anime, still in my top 13, and my favorite John Burgmeier character.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

talonmalon333

Know what? I haven't posted a list on here in a long time. So why not?

1. Yu Yu Hakusho
2. Romeo x Juliet
3. Hunter x Hunter
4. Monster
5. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Kai)
6. Ghost Stories
7. Death Note
8. Rozen Maiden
9. Cowboy Bebop
10. Azumanga Daioh!

About thirty episodes into Monster and it's great. But that also keeps me from putting it too high.

Dr. Insomniac

Finally made one of these things.

Avaitor

What are the ones on top middle and right?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on March 31, 2012, 12:21:14 AM
What are the ones on top middle and right?
Gankutsuou and Paranoia Agent.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So YYH is one of your favorites after all? :D

Anyways, to be honest my favorite anime are more or less still the same as they ever were for the past few years, mostly given that I haven't bothered to watch many new series (not just modern anime, but other anime in general) over the past few years. I'm not sure why but while I know there are plenty of great series out there that I still have yet to see, I just can't find it in me to find any new anime that I try to be a compelling as the series that I like. To be fair, even the series that I like are mostly stuff that took me a while to get into, but I suppose its because ever since I've been in college I've had much less free-time on my hands, and thus I probably no longer have the patience to put up with the slow-starts that most anime series seem to have, which makes it nearly impossible for me to get into anything new unless it happens to be a short episodic series that pulls off an individual episode structure quite well (like OHSHC, but even that anime was something that I watched a couple of years ago).

Recently all I've been watching in terms of modern series is the Hunter X Hunter reboot, which has been turning out to get better as it goes along and has had some suitably awesome episodes, but I really do need to venture out and try some new stuff whenever I get the chance, which'll probably be during the Summer.

Well, actually, in terms of the whole anime front thing, I did at least watch Summer Wars recently and found it to be a great anime movie, but yeah, I still haven't bothered with any new series in quite a while.

Foggle

When does LoGH get good? I really liked the pilot movie and the one that served as a remake of the first two episodes, but all of the actual episodes I've watched so far haven't done it for me.

Pharass

Quote from: Foggle on March 31, 2012, 10:23:29 AM
When does LoGH get good? I really liked the pilot movie and the one that served as a remake of the first two episodes, but all of the actual episodes I've watched so far haven't done it for me.

How many episodes have you watched?

Hmm, I really should do one of those list-collages myself. There are a few new additions to my favorites.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Foggle

Not too many. My Conquest is the Sea of Stars (great), Overture to a New War (amazing), Golden Wings (godawful), and episodes 1-10 (meh). The problem is that I actually have to force myself to watch the show now, since those 10 (8, really) episodes were fairly tough for me to get through. Didn't find them interesting at all.

Pharass

Quote from: Foggle on March 31, 2012, 11:50:00 AM
Not too many. My Conquest is the Sea of Stars (great), Overture to a New War (amazing), Golden Wings (godawful), and episodes 1-10 (meh). The problem is that I actually have to force myself to watch the show now, since those 10 (8, really) episodes were fairly tough for me to get through. Didn't find them interesting at all.

I'd say stick with it until episode 25, that's when the series started to go from "good" to "great" in my opinion and if the show still doesn't do anything for you? Well, we can't love everything.

I haven't seen Golden Wings but it's usually regarded as the weakest part of the franchise.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Foggle

Yeah, I know Golden Wings is widely regarded as terrible. I tried not to let that have an effect on my opinion. ;)

Okay, I'll stick with it 'til episode 25. I'm sure it gets better since those first two movies were grand.

Foggle

I've always wondered how they make those.

gunswordfist

:D I was just about to ask how to make one. Mine's will be up in a sec.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody