Frozen

Started by Daikun, June 21, 2013, 08:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Disney's newest feature is arriving in November, and they're slowly releasing previews of the movie right now.

Screenshots of the movie (as posted earlier by Avaitor)
Teaser trailer

Avaitor

Disney's being a little more secretive than usual with this one, which is a little odd, but hey, it's probably for the best.

The art is plenty impressive, but the teaser isn't as much. Seriously, it's an Ice Age trailer, only with Scrat replaced by the snowman. But it's only a teaser. Tangled's original promotion wasn't great, and that turned out pretty well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

The Shadow Gentleman

I won't fully judge the movie until I actually see it, but the trailer doesn't really do anything for me, and the the more I hear about it the more it sounds like they're trying to make lighting strike twice with the Tangled formula.

Daxdiv

Here's a more recent trailer that actually shows off the film a bit.

Looks like they're playing up the action and comedy elements for this trailer like they did with Tangled. I'm sure there will be some emotional stuff in this.

Avaitor

Apparently there's something about one of the princesses having a frozen heart.

Don't forget, this is a Lasseter-ran Disney production. For every couple of likable side characters, there has to be some kind of sob factor.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

The Shadow Gentleman

Probably a melting snowman.  :>

Daikun

Disney needs to get a better marketing staff. I'm sure the movie would be better than what the trailer was showing, because frankly, that looked terrible. It had neither the look nor feel of a Disney production; it felt like one of those wannabes who wanted to shove forced laughs down 5-year-olds' throats with as many obnoxious gags as possible.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on September 27, 2013, 12:48:02 AM
Disney needs to get a better marketing staff. I'm sure the movie would be better than what the trailer was showing, because frankly, that looked terrible. It had neither the look nor feel of a Disney production; it felt like one of those wannabes who wanted to shove forced laughs down 5-year-olds' throats with as many obnoxious gags as possible.
Yeah, that's the current Disney marketing strategy. Give extended focus to the comedic parts, to appeal to boys who hate girly-related things, but be sure to sell the princess angle for the girls too.

Sadly, they seem to do a really sloppy job of melding both in. Disney is REALLY pushing for this to be another Tangled, but I'm not so sure if it's going to be as successful.

New blog!

The Shadow Gentleman

LumRanmaYasha

That trailer actually makes me actually want to see this movie, that's for sure.

Avaitor

And tumblr people are annoyed that Disney is comparing this to Lion King.

Because having "another" white princess isn't enough for the community on there to complain about.

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on October 17, 2013, 08:56:25 PMHey look, a good trailer

Now THAT'S more like it!

Quote from: Avaitor on October 17, 2013, 09:25:04 PMAnd tumblr people are annoyed that Disney is comparing this to Lion King.

Can you blame them? It does seem a bit arrogant on their part, like they're putting it up to some super-high, unreachable standard.

Daxdiv

Now that is a trailer I can get behind. Wait... is this one of them international trailers or something?

Daikun

Quote from: Daxdiv on October 18, 2013, 12:10:12 AMNow that is a trailer I can get behind. Wait... is this one of them international trailers or something?

It has the MPAA band at the beginning, so it's clearly a U.S. trailer.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on October 17, 2013, 11:24:25 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on October 17, 2013, 09:25:04 PMAnd tumblr people are annoyed that Disney is comparing this to Lion King.

Can you blame them? It does seem a bit arrogant on their part, like they're putting it up to some super-high, unreachable standard.
I don't really see the big deal, since Disney referenced TLK, as well as the other 3 main films of the Renaissance period in one of the trailers for Princess and the Frog. If reminding the audience of their most popular films is what will bring people in, more power to them.

New blog!