Frozen

Started by Daikun, June 21, 2013, 08:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"Slightly better than Pocahontas!"
"You might like it better than the Emperor's New Groove!"
"Hey, it beats Home on the Range!"

Now there's an approach.  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 18, 2013, 05:30:07 PM
Yeahhhh, I doubt that. :P
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Some people hate that movie, though.

Either way, I'll keep my expectations the same as Tangled. Just hoping for a decent and fun movie.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 18, 2013, 05:30:07 PM
That movie is amazing.

LumRanmaYasha

The Emperor's New Groove is easily the funniest Disney movie. Getting compared to that should be a compliment...

Foggle

Quote from: Cartoon X on October 18, 2013, 06:52:53 PM
The Emperor's New Groove is easily the funniest Disney movie. Getting compared to that should be a compliment...
+1

Spark Of Spirit

Unless you are one of the people who hate it.

It's reception has improved over time but it wasn't too warmly received when it first came out.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Foggle on October 18, 2013, 06:56:33 PM
Quote from: Cartoon X on October 18, 2013, 06:52:53 PM
+1
+2

Dr. Insomniac

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 18, 2013, 05:45:47 PM

Other than David Spade being the lead character.... I'm drawing a blank on what people hated about it. New Groove is probably one of the most entertaining films, if only cause it felt different from what people expected from a Disney Animated Film at the time. Sure, I can understand the time it came out when DAC quality was wavy.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on October 18, 2013, 07:09:51 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 18, 2013, 05:45:47 PM

Other than David Spade being the lead character.... I'm drawing a blank on what people hated about it. New Groove is probably one of the most entertaining films, if only cause it felt different from what people expected from a Disney Animated Film at the time. Sure, I can understand the time it came out when DAC quality was wavy.
You just nailed why. It was really different from what Disney was doing, plus it was when the general quality of the films was going down.

That being said, times are different now and we can see it for the good movie it is. But I remember being in the minority when it came out of people that liked it.

Avaitor

To be fair, yeah, I know some people in the Disney community (and Doug Walker) who don't like how TENC is written more like a Warners short than a traditional Disney movie.

But what's wrong with that? Do you really want every movie to be a fairy tale or Lion King? Never mind the Disney fans who REALLY hate that one.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I think there's a sizable group of haters for every Disney movie. Just ENG was unfortunate to had come out when public opinion on animated Disney films was pretty low. It was hard convincing some people I knew to give it a chance but they usually liked it when they did.

Commode

Emperor's New Groove is great, just watched it the other night after people were badmouthing it on GAF.  People are so stupid.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

New blog!