American Dad!

Started by Daikun, July 16, 2013, 01:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Here's a discussion thread for Seth MacFarlane's other show (the one that's NOT Cleveland).

This show is going the way of Futurama. The 10th season that Fox will air in September is the final one for this network, then it will move to TBS for an 11th season in 2014.

Nel_Annette

Well shit, that can't be good.  :shit:

AD! is still easily one of my favorite cartoons on television.

Mr. Big

So I guess Seth MacFarlane is no longer dominating the FOX animated line-up, with Cleveland Show being gone and American Dad moving to another network.

I honestly didn't see this coming.

Daikun

After this, Family Guy will be Seth's remaining show on the network.

I'm guessing that Fox isn't happy with other shows competing and needs that to dominate another decade. :sly:

Commode

Wonder why they are taking shows off the block when they are launching a second night of Animation Domination(they are still doing this right?).  So now on Sundays all they'll have is Simpsons, FG, and Bob's Burgers, are they planning on debuting some new shows soon?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Silverstar

Perhaps FOX is FINALLY starting to move away from Simpsons clone shows on prime time. No offense to Simpsons or Family Guy fans if you're into those shows, but just because FG and The Simpsons earn ratings doesn't mean that every single show on Animation Domination has to follow those shows' exact same premise and aesthetic of sadist domcoms. Mix it up a little. And why, if in animation anything is possible, do all of FOX's animated comedies have to just be people standing around talking?!

This ADHD block doesn't sound much better (based on what I've seen and read, ADHD seems like it's going to be more Adult Swim style stoner randomness) but at least that's different.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

AD has always done better in syndication and DVD sales than in its premiere episodes on Fox, as it still lost to Simpsons and Family Guy even now. I think they always kept the show around because it made money for them elsewhere, but I'm not surprised that they're finally calling it quits on there.

I'm also not surprised that Turner picked up the rights to new episodes of the show. In fact, I'm kind of surprised that they didn't try the same thing for The Cleveland Show, but I guess they want that to be done and over with.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

GaryPotter

Well, there is officially no longer a good reason for the network to hold onto the 7 o'clock hour.

Daikun

Quote from: GaryPotter on July 17, 2013, 06:44:51 PMWell, there is officially no longer a good reason for the network to hold onto the 7 o'clock hour.

ADHD

Mr. Big

Quote from: Comeau on July 17, 2013, 07:57:14 AM
Wonder why they are taking shows off the block when they are launching a second night of Animation Domination(they are still doing this right?).  So now on Sundays all they'll have is Simpsons, FG, and Bob's Burgers, are they planning on debuting some new shows soon?
There's also something called "Murder Police", which is gonna air on Sundays

LumRanmaYasha

Shit, not only is American Dad the only Seth MacFarlene show that was actually good (and really good, in my opinion), but it was also the best show on Animation Domination for these past few years and with it gone, I have officially zero reason to watch FOX anymore. Well, at least I'll hope it'll go out on a high note, as so far it hasn't sunk to the depths that The Simpsons and Family Guy reached, and I can only hope after all these years they won't screw up with these final seasons.

Silverstar

Eh, I stopped watching FOX a considerable while ago. AD rapidly degenerated into and endless parade of the exact same show with the exact same premise, same look, same animation style, same aesthetics, same type of humor. Nonstop uniformity on a cartoon block just gets boring, IMO, and I'm not looking forward to ADHD either, not being a huge fan of Adult Swim type stuff. Of all the things FOX could try an mimic, why AS? IMO TV needs less of that sort of "entertainment", not more.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

Quote from: Cartoon X on July 18, 2013, 02:49:57 AM
Shit, not only is American Dad the only Seth MacFarlene show that was actually good (and really good, in my opinion), but it was also the best show on Animation Domination for these past few years and with it gone, I have officially zero reason to watch FOX anymore. Well, at least I'll hope it'll go out on a high note, as so far it hasn't sunk to the depths that The Simpsons and Family Guy reached, and I can only hope after all these years they won't screw up with these final seasons.
Not a Bob's Burgers fan?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Avaitor on July 18, 2013, 09:10:35 AM
Not a Bob's Burgers fan?

I do like Bob's Burgers, but not all that strongly. There were plenty of great episodes of it last season, but I started to fall out of it during mid-season. I'm honestly not that invested in the characters except Louise, and honestly sometimes Tina and Gene turn me off from the show in some episodes (I do think Tina is well-utilized in a lot of good episodes, though, like the episode where she crashes the car in a driving lesson with Bob). Basically, I do enjoy the series, just more inconsistently than American Dad and some other shows I watch. I'll keep up with it as long as it's on like I do with The Simpsons, but like that it's not a priority watch for me.

Kiddington

Pretty much everything on TBS aside from Conan leaves a lot to be desired, so it's a tough call as to whether or not this is for the best.

If they just leave it alone, and not cut the budget in any way, it could work. I'm doubtful things will actually happen that way though.