American Dad!

Started by Daikun, July 16, 2013, 01:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

The final episode on Fox's run airs this Sunday.

See you on TBS!

LumRanmaYasha

I sorta want the TBS season to be the last one. This season has had some good episodes, but also a lot of lame ones. It's great that the series has maintained a pretty quality run for ten seasons now, but I think after the next one, it should bow out.

LumRanmaYasha

Looks like AD isn't done on FOX just quite yet. Three more episodes will premiere on FOX in September before the show finally makes the switch to TBS for good.

Sounds fine to me. That last episode sounds like a good sendoff to the series on FOX, though personally the last season finale was probably a better one.

Daikun

Quoteguest voice Kim Kardashian

And they could've just ended the Fox run gracefully...

Daikun

The TBS season starts next week, but you can watch the premiere now on YouTube!

LumRanmaYasha

:joy:

Will watch tomorrow. I hope it's a good ep.

LumRanmaYasha

TBS has ordered another season. I haven't been able to watch any episodes of this seasons past the premiere, so I have no clue how good the current season is or whether this is a good or bad thing. Apparently despite TBS flaunting it as "edgier" the show is not any different than how it was before, though, so that's nothing to worry about I guess.

LumRanmaYasha

Another year, another fantastic American Dad! christmas episode. I was laughing all the way through. The peacocking gags in particular had me rolling. It really brightened up my awful shitty day.

Anyways, I've caught up on the season so far. Overall, quite a solid start, actually. The cold openings for the episodes now still will need to take some getting used to for me, and some of the jokes this season haven't worked, but overall the episodes are enjoyable, and have strong replay value. I think AD will probably continue to stay consistently good for a while longer.

LumRanmaYasha

I'm so, so happy Jeff's back. I've missed him. Thank god they didn't kill him off.

The only question is...what happened to Sinbad? Did they bring him back with them, or did they just leave him with the Collectors? Hoping he makes more appearences, since his interactions with Jeff make for great comedy and banter.

LumRanmaYasha

Overall, I'd say the TBS season was fairly successful. There were certainly some dud episodes in the mix, but also plenty of strong ones to even it out. I'm glad that the show is still as enjoyable as ever, and I'm looking forward to when it returns in the Fall.

LumRanmaYasha

Two more seasons have been ordered, bringing the total season count to 15 (really 14, but FOX considers season 11 to just be three episodes long, for some reason).

Season 12 was pretty good on the whole, so I'm down for another three years of Dad!. Hopefully the quality stays consistent. Despite recent seasons having more misses than in the series' prime, the show hasn't had a bad season yet and still produces some great episodes, so I'm optimistic.

Daikun

Warner Bros. Discovery is axing scripted programming for TBS and TNT. This show might be cancelled soon.

Two more seasons were ordered late last year, so these next two seasons might be the last.

Avaitor

I wonder if they'll go to Hulu or if it just closes shop. It's been a hell of a run regardless.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

That's for sure. I like AD but I am surprised it's gone on as long as it has.