Regular Show

Started by Daxdiv, December 31, 2010, 11:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Regular Show thread? Regular Show thread.

Come one and all to discuss, what I believe to be, CN's greatest show that premiered during the 2010 year. What can I say about this show really, other than it's amazing, the writing is pretty clever, the character actually feel like people I would meet in real life, the voice work is top notch, and there is rarely an episode of this show that doesn't disappoint me in one way or another. There's always something in this show that I either enjoyed, or laughed at.

Right now, if I had to pick my favorite episode, it would be a toss up between Free Cake, Death Punchies, Grilled Cheese Deluxe, and Mordecai and the Rigby's.

Avaitor

I've been hit or miss with most of the episodes I've seen, but "Ello Gov'nor" blew me away.

if there are more episodes like that, I want in.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Neomysterion X. Prime

Regular Show should be considered one of Cartoon Network's better new series since the oldies like Dexter's Laboratory and Johnny Bravo. I don't think today's kids will ever find any of the hidden 80s references unlike us dedicated elites.  :awesome:

Rosalinas Spare Wand

So I just found out that aside from moving Sym-Bionic Titan to Saturdays, CN is also starting up premieres of Regular Show tomorrow. Since I'm with my parents for the break, that means no premieres for me unless I want to delve into the Ponyshit depths of /co/ to get some encodes.

Fucking scheduling, how does it work

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on January 02, 2011, 07:27:00 PM
So I just found out that aside from moving Sym-Bionic Titan to Saturdays, CN is also starting up premieres of Regular Show tomorrow. Since I'm with my parents for the break, that means no premieres for me unless I want to delve into the Ponyshit depths of /co/ to get some encodes.

Fucking scheduling, how does it work
CN lost its ability to make sensible schedules a loooong time ago. It's like they expect everybody to just DVR everything.

Daxdiv

I'm in 2011, and my family doesn't even have a DVR. Well, glad that I get off of work, and will most likely collect like 6 Raikou after getting off of work, which shouldn't take long, so therefore, I think I'll be able to catch it. But yeah, I sometimes feel that CN just throws darts at show and times to see what lines up.

Veggie

I've only seen three episodes: the one with the evil hot dogs, the one where they become a "band", and the one that aired last night with father time and stuff. I like the dialogue and characters, and I really want to like the show, but I don't really know how I feel about it.

Also @ Daxdiv- Pikachu in a highchair.  :sly:

Daxdiv

Monday's episode was pretty good. I thought it was a nice twist to have Mordecai being the jerkbutt of the episode and to have Rigby teach him a lesson, even if that did end up in his death. Normally, most episodes deal with Mordecai having to teach Rigby a lesson. It was nice to see that, especially since it deal with him not getting to be around Margaret. That and Father time was an interesting character.

@Veggie WHY IS THE PIKACHU IN A MOTHERFUCKING HIGHCHAIR?

Rosalinas Spare Wand

So umm, why do people think Margaret is a legitimate cast member and she deserves more spotlight? It's been pretty obvious since day 1 that she only exists to give Mordecai another obstacle in his life every day.

Daxdiv

I think it has to do with the fact that if Margaret wasn't there, the show would be a sausage fest, or at least that's the complaint I get from her fanbase, or people that want a female to take the spotlight in a CN comedy, or people that aren't happy that most of the current CN stars are boys. Well, that's the impression I get from the Star Bros.

Really, she is nothing more than a living plot device. Hell, I will even go as far and say that High-Five Ghost has more development and a better personality than Margaret has or ever will have. At least HFG pals around with Muscle Man

gunswordfist

This show started to grow on me when I watched the MLK day marathon. I'll be trying to watch it more often now.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rosalinas Spare Wand

CN sure seems eager to put this show in marathons and find any extra timeslots it can use up.

A good sign, because that means they recognize quality when they see it. Now give me some DVDs.

Spark Of Spirit

I've just recently watched some of this and I find it fun. I'm not sure exactly how to describe why it is good, though. It's a weird one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on February 22, 2011, 02:34:28 PM
I've just recently watched some of this and I find it fun. I'm not sure exactly how to describe why it is good, though. It's a weird one.
Yeah it s. And congratulations on having exactly 500 posts.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I don't watch RS every week, but it gives me a bit of a Rocko vibe when I do. I think that is it's appeal for me.

Might be yours as well, Desen.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/