Regular Show

Started by Daxdiv, December 31, 2010, 11:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Hmm...

Oh well, it's fun to watch, so I hope it sticks around a while. There's just something quaint and "classic" (I don't meant "classic" in the quality sense, I mean in it's approach) about the way it all works together.

I wasn't sure if it would really work as an ongoing series, but after watching a few episodes it seems to be working out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

So, did anyone else catch the recent episode where Mordecai saw Pops naked? They kind of stealth premiered it after the Hall of Game Awards.

Well basically, it went like this, Mordecai saw Pops naked, so to get rid of this image, Rigby made him watch this anime thing from the rental shop, and because of that Mordo's memory was sucked into the world of the video. That kind of left him into a state of being a zombie. Then Rigby enlisted the help of Skips to get him out of that state, and they also got sucked into the video. Then, they had to go into Mordecai's memory to cover up the Naked Pops, and they succeeded.

Though, for some reason, this scene right here got a good laugh out of me.

Commode

Haha, boing.   Never gonna look at a gumball machine the same way again, everytime I see the door open on one I'm gonna picture it getting a boner.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

That's a little disturbing?

You know who would enjoy that? MY MOM!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Hmmmm....It seems like I'm the only AR member who still hasn't checked out this show yet. Looks like I should get on that shit sometime soon....

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 26, 2011, 12:56:05 AM
Hmmmm....It seems like I'm the only AR member who still hasn't checked out this show yet. Looks like I should get on that shit sometime soon....
Yes, we know you want to snort cocaine. Anyway, I need to watch this show more. I love all the old school video game love this show gives.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

I'm a full fledged fan after watching last night's episode. Benson should really star in more episodes. After watching that episode for the 2nd time yesterday, I figured out which character Steven Jay Blum voiced right before that character committed suicide.

Lord Dalek

This show is getting pretty much the same reaction as MLP from me. Except whereas I was guilt ridden durring the former, THIS show is just bewildering.

Avaitor

It's a funny show. Not so much a great one, but worth a few laughs whenever I catch it.

You know who else thinks that?

MY MOM!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I dunno, it's not really "clicking" as a whole for me.

It's a decent enough show but I don't know.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on April 26, 2011, 11:29:57 PM
I dunno, it's not really "clicking" as a whole for me.

It's a decent enough show but I don't know.
That's how I feel about Adventure Time and Scooby.

Kiddington

Two months ago, you liked it.  :humhumhum:

As for my opinion, I've already let it be known that this is my favorite comedy currently running on CN, at the moment... and really, it's not even close. The others are very hit-or-miss, in terms of just about everything, but Regular Show just clicks for me. It's the only one that, as of right now, hasn't had a truly "bad" episode, in my opinion (although, the plots that revolve around Muscle Man are a noticeable step down; I guess I'm the only one that really doesn't like that guy), and the completely "out-there" style of humor, combined with all of the 80's callbacks, just works wonders here. For the most part, it's also pretty well-written, with only a few occasional shades of dialogue that doesn't sound so good. So... yeah, I'm a fan.

I hope it lasts. There really hasn't been a new CN comedy I've enjoyed this much since Foster's. As of right now, this is the only one on that Monday-night lineup that I make of point of tuning into as much as possible.

Spark Of Spirit

Probably that new show smell. As I said, there's nothing really wrong with the show, but something about it doesn't quite click for me.

Kiddington

Nah, I hear ya'. The appeal to this isn't universal, and I can see where certain aspects of the show would turn one off. The banter between Mordecai and Rigby can get kinda stale at times, and as I said, Muscle Man is pretty annoying.

Again, though; in my opinion, this is still the most enjoyable comedy on CN right now. Nothing else really comes close for me.

gunswordfist

Hmmm, once I think about it, Regular Show is also my favorite new comedy. I hate the unicorn episode though. Ewwww...And I can't watch the episode with the slide scene.