Regular Show

Started by Daxdiv, December 31, 2010, 11:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

I can't believe that the day is here. Shame that they're not doing a marathon today, but at least acknowledging that their ending a show.

Peanutbutter

Sadly, I fell way behind the final season so I have some binge-watching to get to this week. But I did DVR the final few episodes so I can watch them normally when I get done catching up.

I hope Quintel does more cartoons or shows in the near future. Guy really seems like a cool dude in real life. I wish the best for him and the rest of the RS Crew going forward.

Nel_Annette

Yeah, I think the last time I watched the show was when they first put a dome over the park. That was like a two-parter or something.

Avaitor

My history with Regular Show is probably pretty well-documented here- I watched the first season or so as it aired, as Adventure Time was giving me hope for CN again, but for whatever reason, I lost interest in both shows and stopped watching early in 2011. But I decided to give both shows, plus their other recent series, another go in 2014 and realized that I was wrong to jump ship so early for no reason.

I do think that RS lost its spark a couple of seasons ago, and I wish that it did more for its female characters (The Seer is right- they should have given Eileen a bigger role), but at the end of the day, I'll always remember Regular Show as a fun series that had a lot of creative moments, but allowed its characters to feel real and likable. I enjoyed being with their company, even as certain points dragged, which I can't say about other series that I may ultimately like more at their ends, like Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff, and maybe even AT.

The last few episodes may have been a little too meta, but it's fair for the show, which has always walked that line. The actual ending was sweet, though, enough for me to happy with its end. Good show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Avaitor

It's interesting that he's doing this for TBS. It's like saying that this is a little too mature for CN, but isn't edgy enough for [adult swim]. The Venture Brothers and Rick and Morty prove that you can make smart comedies at Williams Street, but even those have a lot of dick, fart and rape jokes. It seems like this is aiming for more of a Simpsons/KOTH/Bob's Burgers crowd, which sounds cool.

This also seems like a good compliment to Regular Show, so I'm down. I do think that the relationship aspects of RS were the weakest part of the show, but I'll give Quintel the benefit of the doubt.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Quintel's humor always skewed pretty adult, so I think the tone of a TBS-style sitcom will be a perfect outlet to express his sensibilities without as much restriction. I'm looking forward to it!

Peanutbutter

Good to hear JG's scored more work. Still need to catch up on the final season when I get done catching up with other shows.  :thinkin:

Daikun

Daikun

The Complete Series collection is out.

In Australia.

I hope it gets a U.S. release soon...

Peanutbutter

Huh, funny this happening only days after I finally watched the finale.

Speaking of which, I'm glad nearly everyone had a happy ending save for Pops. Really weird how the plot shifted to him so abruptly in the final season but they actually made it work. Kind of wished Mordecai got with CJ at the end but at least he found happiness with that bat girl.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on December 23, 2017, 08:07:27 PM
The Complete Series collection is out.

In Australia.

I hope it gets a U.S. release soon...
Nah, we never get any of their sets here.

New blog!