Young Justice

Started by Avaitor, January 26, 2011, 08:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

I liked Halo's introduction and her interactions with Artemis, but couldn't care less about Brion's plight. Also weird that metahuman child trafficking is known by the public, yet aside from the Markovs (who die soon after), the only pushback against it is Beast Boy plugging his cause on a Hollywood insider interview.

And I always thought the idea of Lex holding any political position like President or Secretary General to be stupid. I know, corrupt people becomes leading politicians all the time in the real world, and he did take credit for stopping the Reach last season, but when the Justice League don't like Lex, I think that should sway some opinions.

Dr. Insomniac

Caught up with Young Justice, and I don't get this scene.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've been hearing even from Young Justice fans that Outsiders is pretty disappointing, ranging in quality from a messy mixed bag to an outright dumpster fire in parts. I really haven't seen anyone all that positive about this show.

Guess this wasn't the hit that DC Universe was hoping for. Honestly, though, I've lost a lot of faith in DC's animation department in general.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 17, 2019, 05:37:00 PM
Guess this wasn't the hit that DC Universe was hoping for.
I've heard reports the show is getting quite a lot of views, actually. 7th most watched show on streaming services.

You are right about the critical reactions though. I've been seeing more dissent regarding the writing. Whether it be the portrayal of Halo or the forced romance plots. And out of the 18 episodes so far, I can only recall two I've really liked. Everything else was either boring or irritating. And all the defenses that it's a show about the entire DC Universe instead of just the kids, or that Weisman is against writing endings and prefers to keep things open-ended don't satisfy those issues at all. If anything, they're making me re-evaluate his previous work, and for the worse.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Glad to hear it's been renewed. Unlike what others have said, I think most of this season has been good especially now that Beast Boy has formed up the Outsiders officially. First quarter was the hunt for Terra, this one was setting up the Outsiders, and presumably the rest is the Judas Contract.

Avaitor

I took up VRV's offer for a free month of DC Nation, and I've been watching the show from there, and I have to agree with the majority that this season isn't very good. I think my big problem besides the show's constant overstuff of characters is that the few they try to focus on are never that likable. I couldn't stand their take on Blue Beetle in season 2 (at least he doesn't say ese in every other line when he appears now, at least), but I have no love for Halo or Beast Boy, while the original members are becoming increasingly less interesting.

I'd be more curious to see the show's rake on Judas Contract if I actually liked that story or the characters involved. Then I remember that I don't even like Titans, so I wonder if this show is for me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on July 25, 2019, 03:45:12 PMI think my big problem besides the show's constant overstuff of characters is that the few they try to focus on are never that likable. I couldn't stand their take on Blue Beetle in season 2 (at least he doesn't say ese in every other line when he appears now, at least), but I have no love for Halo or Beast Boy, while the original members are becoming increasingly less interesting.
Yeah, all the new characters this season have been so underwhelming. I'm glad Brion isn't angry and yelling at everybody about finding his sister anymore, but now he doesn't have anything left to his character. And I just don't like his relationship with Halo. It's a retread of Kon and M'gann's relationship problems back in season 1, but more irritating because you know there are other characters in the show who could use the screentime these two take over. The last episode had a heartfelt moment between Bart and Jay, but I can't remember when they last spoke to each other so it doesn't mean anything to me. Same thing with the Batman Inc stuff and Scandal Savage. So much interesting shit is happening in the background, but it's ignored in favor of the more boring characters. I don't need more scenes of Halo dying to prove she has a healing factor, Terra texting to Slade and playing mole, or Beast Boy pretending to be a team leader. The show has so many subplots going on, but they're all waiting in one line. At least with season 1, I could pretend it was going through growing pains like Justice League's first season, but we're on season 3 and we still have the same problems.

QuoteI'd be more curious to see the show's rake on Judas Contract if I actually liked that story or the characters involved. Then I remember that I don't even like Titans, so I wonder if this show is for me.
I heard a rumor that the season finale will involve Trigon because it's called "Nevermore" and Halo will fill in Raven's role. It sounds completely stupid, but it's also something I would expect from the show.

And even if it weren't the case, I really don't want more Judas Contract. It ranks up there alongside Dark Phoenix and the Death of Superman in stories I'm tired of seeing adaptations of.

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on July 25, 2019, 03:45:12 PMI took up VRV's offer for a free month of DC Nation, and I've been watching the show from there

Wait, what? I don't see DC stuff on VRV.
How did you get that?

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on July 25, 2019, 05:37:49 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on July 25, 2019, 03:45:12 PMI took up VRV's offer for a free month of DC Nation, and I've been watching the show from there

Wait, what? I don't see DC stuff on VRV.
How did you get that?
They sent an email back in June offering a code for a free month of DC Nation. The offer expired at the end of the month, but I set mine up just before the deadline, which is why it's still active.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Oh, okay. I must've missed that.

Dr. Insomniac

I wasn't expecting a very special episode discussing the horrors of child abuse, complete with a hotline at the end. It's not like the Harper Row parts of the plot were particularly heartfelt or moving. I don't care about her enough to feel bad about her family situation. If anything, I got bored and wanted the episode to focus on something besides her. She hasn't been an interesting addition to the show, and not a particularly innovative take on a comic character I already didn't care for.

Dr. Insomniac