Teen Titans Go!

Started by hobbyfan, July 21, 2013, 05:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I'd honestly be more concerned about the upcoming MLP movie. I feel like that's a couple of years too late.

But again, I can't really see the budget for either movies to be too high to be worried about.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

I don't think the Teen Titans Go movie will be a huge hit. I do think it has a chance at breaking even and being a modest hit depending on what competition it has. As for MLP, it might be a case of not striking when the rod was hot but I don't know. The show seems like its still as popular with young girls, and some bronies may have since left it, but most of them are still around.

Spark Of Spirit

MLP has an over seven year run, good word of mouth, and is one of Hasbro's big sellers. It's encroaching on 200 episodes and its merch sells really well. It getting a movie was guaranteed. TTG is nowhere near that important to CN and would be replaced at the drop of a hat.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

There's also still an adult fanbase for the show who would pay tickets, while I haven't seen many adult TTG fans, let alone ones who would happily pay money to watch the show.

Peanutbutter

I said I don't think it will be a huge hit, only a modest one at best so I'm not sure who else is in here arguing otherwise.   :??:

Avaitor

Are bronies still a thing, though? Or have I been successfully able to avoid them? I kind of assumed that most of them moved onto Gravity Falls or Rick and Morty, like how most AT fans moved onto Steven Universe.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on October 02, 2017, 09:12:52 PMAre bronies still a thing, though? Or have I been successfully able to avoid them? I kind of assumed that most of them moved onto Gravity Falls or Rick and Morty, like how most AT fans moved onto Steven Universe.

Bronies are still around; they're just not as prevalent as they used to be when the show was at its peak. The dissolution of The Hub also probably helped with that.

Peanutbutter

They aren't as out-and-about as they once were no, but I think they stopped hyping themselves a bit before The Hub went under.

Spark Of Spirit

Bronies still exist. They just aren't as loud and obnoxious as certain other fanbases that have arrived since the show's popularity peak.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Dreamer2

And people say CN is screwing Steven Universe over. It's gonna be the second most aired show that week. :sly:

Peanutbutter

Only two airings of SU in the midst of that massive TT Go! marathon? Someone at CN has got to be trolling at this point.

Oh well, show gets the most ratings so it gets the most airings.

Avaitor

Here's the plot, and the teaser trailer.

It looks no different from the show. This is probably so cheap for them to make that there's no way it won't make money back.

New blog!

gunswordfist

The Teen Titans Go! movie is about the Teen Titans trying to get a movie...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

I love how in the teaser trailer, everyone was dressed up as Wonder Woman. Way to acknowledge the fact that Wonder Woman is currently your best Superhero film.