Here Comes The Excel Saga Forum!

Started by Foggle, August 18, 2013, 12:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

In the next few days, you may start noticing a few changes around the forum. You see, after more than five years (I know, right!?) of life, it's finally time for Animation Revelation to go through puberty.

Er... I mean, we're going to be merging with another forum. The Excel Saga Forum (previously .com, and hopefully again soon). Once the preeminent place to discuss Excel Saga online, it's been whittled down to only a few people as of late. HOWEVER(!!), the community there that once existed - and could possibly return with the releases of the final volumes - is fantastic, and none of us can bear to see it die. You already know my good friends Micki! and Lord Il, who I met on there many moons ago, and if all goes well, there will be a lot more where they came from. Plus - especially once we have the .com domain back - we'll receive free advertising in the back of the manga volumes, so hopefully there will also be an influx of completely new users soon.

Changes to AR will include a new banner by Micki!, a new (and sleek) forum theme, new subforums, new smileys (obviously the most important part), and probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting? I hope you all are as excited as I am about this upcoming merger!

LumRanmaYasha

:joy:

Interesting to see these new changes. There's only one volume left to be released in English as of Tuesday, so this is a pretty cool thing to do in anticipation for the release of the finale of Excel Saga:)

Lord Il

Give me a shout if you're needing graphics work. While I can't promise definite deadlines due to my sometimes weird work hours, I'll help where I can.

Daxdiv

Why am I more exicted about the new smileys than anything else? Well, that and potential new members.

YER GOING PLACES AR!

Painted Outlaw

Sounds like it could be cool.. bring it on!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You know, this all remind me that I should keep reading something. I wonder what that could be? :sly:

Lord Il

^lol! You ought to be ashamed of yourself for not keeping up.  ;) Oh well... that'll change.  ;D

Lord Dave

Hello.

Looks like the member name transfer worked.  YAY!
Probably have to wipe the post count though...
"Diligently at work for my own Ego."

-Mr. Fix it.

Lord Il

Hey Dave!
Man, that's great for the member transfer to have worked.
Good stuff! :thumbup:

Edit: I was going through the member list and saw a number of "0" posters.  :zonk:
Might be best to simply delete those if they are close to a year or more without activity. It was something I wanted to do for a while, anyway.

Foggle

Holy shit, it really worked! :joy: :joy:

Quote from: Lord Dave on August 25, 2013, 07:45:37 PM
Hello.

Looks like the member name transfer worked.  YAY!
Probably have to wipe the post count though...
Quote from: Lord Il on August 25, 2013, 08:50:24 PM
Edit: I was going through the member list and saw a number of "0" posters.  :zonk:
Might be best to simply delete those if they are close to a year or more without activity. It was something I wanted to do for a while, anyway.

I have no problem with the post count remaining the same, honestly. But I'll definitely get on purging the super inactive accounts!

Micki!

Wooha, it already almost kinda but not really feels like I'm posting in one and the same forum (placebo, much..? :??:)

Either way, I hope we go through a full fledged merge very soon, with the orange theme (hmm, yeah <3 Orange is my favorite color, too..!) And later, I hope we get the .com domain back, as like 15+ volumes have the website advertised in the manga as .com which atm is incorrect, but hopefully not for too long..!
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

talonmalon333

I haven't noticed any changes yet. Have there been any?

Foggle

Quote from: Micki! on August 26, 2013, 08:55:01 AM
Either way, I hope we go through a full fledged merge very soon, with the orange theme (hmm, yeah <3 Orange is my favorite color, too..!) And later, I hope we get the .com domain back, as like 15+ volumes have the website advertised in the manga as .com which atm is incorrect, but hopefully not for too long..!
Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 26, 2013, 12:30:06 PM
I haven't noticed any changes yet. Have there been any?
All I've done now is merged member lists. As soon as I have access to the Orange theme, the changes will start rolling in. ;)

We'll definitely be trying to get the .com back ASAP.

Rynnec

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on August 26, 2013, 01:54:29 PM
Will there be skins?
Yeah, there's going to be a new forum skin. :) The merger will happen as soon as I have access to its installation files.