English Excel Saga Vol. 26

Started by Foggle, August 26, 2013, 07:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Hot off the presses... it's volume 26!

Have you picked it up yet? What are your thoughts?

Micki!

I should order this already, ahermm...

I'll do it right now..!
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

LumRanmaYasha

I picked this up on it's release day, as luckily my Barnes and Noble stocks around 3-4 copies of the newest volumes when they come out. Bought #25 earlier as well, but I have yet to grab #1-24 even though I plan to soon, although I've already read them by now.  ;)

Anyways, Excel Saga #26. Pretty great volume, in my opinion, very plot-focused and fast-paced, which is especially nice since the direction of the conclusion is more clear now than it was in the previous volume. Excel stole all of her scenes in this volume with two incredibly awesome moments I would truly call bad-ass. I'm still confused to whether Iwata's in control of himself or some other force is, since he's acting out of character, but doesn't seem totally different either. On the other side of speculation, I expected the big twist concerning Miwa for a while now, but I have no clue what "her" plan is and what "she" wants, and for that matter, what does Kabapu really know and what exactly has happened to Il Palazzo. Anyway, I'm glad I got caught up on this series over this summer, as it's most definitely the smartest and best satirical manga comedy I've ever seen, if not one of the absolute best in general, and I'm going to be as sad as the rest of you to finish such an amazing manga.   :el_cry:

Lan

The plot, it thickens.. (mostly the kind of which is gooey, underground and involves sewers)

I really have liked the series and even though there is only one volume left, i feel that there could be a lot more to it. So in short im expecting a simple explanation that ties things off really well. Im still hoping out for a wet n sloppy Misaki and Iwata kiss. :kabapu:

Micki!

I finally picked up my volume of this, and I'll probably read it tonight or in the weekend, finally I got it though, FINALAAAYYY!!!

Micki!

I should probably mention that I liked this volume, and that I feel like a question mark as well..!

If this is wrapping up in just one volume, then it'll most definitely have either unresolved plotholes, or be a cluster of explanation, confusing dialogue and likely feel like it's ending suddenly...
In the end though, all I need to enjoy this series is seeing any of all the characters intertact with each other, I can't really ask for more..!

So yeah about this volume, things are moving forward, and I'm happy Shiouji and Kabapu finally decided to be less secretive with each others thoughts, and Iwata seems like he's becoming more and more important, I hope it ends well for all characters :il_hahaha:

Kinda wish it would not go on in the sewers anymore... I understand the meaning of the location, it's just not very interesting to look at for an entire volume though  :srs:

Randamo

Hullo all.

Quote from: Micki! on October 27, 2013, 07:02:32 AMIf this is wrapping up in just one volume, then it'll most definitely have either unresolved plotholes, or be a cluster of explanation, confusing dialogue and likely feel like it's ending suddenly...

Yes.

I rather wish more was revealed much earlier on. As much as I like this series, I find this disconnectivity between the earlier and later volumes. When did the actual plot begin.....

I should make it a thing that I read the whole series again before reading the final volume.

And I'm off again.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Randamo on November 23, 2013, 12:13:25 AM

When did the actual plot begin.....

I consider Elgala losing ACROSS' money after getting drunk at the end of volume ten as the point where the series began to develop it's plotline, though the core of it doesn't truly form until Miwa first shows up in volume 12.

Foggle

Randamo

Quote from: Foggle on November 23, 2013, 12:18:25 AM
Hullo all.
Welcome back!

Thanks sweetness.

Quote from: Cartoon X on November 23, 2013, 12:17:22 AM

When did the actual plot begin.....

I consider Elgala losing ACROSS' money after getting drunk at the end of volume ten as the point where the series began to develop it's plotline, though the core of it doesn't truly form until Miwa first shows up in volume 12.

That's a lot later than I'd imagine. Well, to be sure, there were very small progressions each volume. Vol 1 was introductory, Vol 2 Introduced Kapabu and the creation of the City Environmental thingy - I suppose the plot began it's glacial-like movement very early on, but I reckon everything started really moving in vol 13 when Il Palazzo showed himself in that large holographic image, from there Kabapu explained the back story (if it could be believed), then on events led to the chase scene in 14, which eeeventually led to the two Excels and so on and so forth. Right now the plot moves like a backlog of water held back by the ice, now rushing from the banks and drowning those in it's path. Nice metaphor, me.

It's definitely true Miwa shook everything up. Just like Shioji, I was getting into a relaxed vibe just before having those large tracts of land similarly shoved in my face. I know Rikdo Koshi likes large breasted women and he was pretty good at keeping the ridiculous ones away before she showed up. I find them distracting to my reading.

Micki!

I wanna say more regarding all this, but my brain is like scrambled minced meat tonight...

But it's great to see you Randamo, hope you'll stick around..! :el_hail:

Lord Dave

I'm finally caught up!
(Oh and hello.  Long time no see.)

I had thought 26 was the last so I bought 22-26 electronically and read them while traveling overseas for Christmas.

I like how the plot is becoming more and more defined.  We're definitely going for the conclusion.  I hope he answers my burning questions:

Who is Excel?
What does she have to do with "The Core"?
Why does Hyatt keep dying?
And...

Spoiler
Why couldn't Excel hit Lord Ill Palazzo when she can toss First around like a rag doll?
[close]

"Diligently at work for my own Ego."

-Mr. Fix it.

Micki!

I'm also wondering about Hyatt, and Elgala too, she's surprisingly casual about most things, but her past must have some kind of menaing I'm sure, I don't believe one second that she just impulsively joined Across..!

And...

Spoiler
To question Lord Il Palazzo's devine endurance is like saying the world isn't in dire need of a swift purge of the ignorant masses, do you not believe in the one and only powerful being of clarity and purity himself anymore..?  :il_hahaha:

Spoiler
:il_rope:
[close]
[close]