English Excel Saga Vol. 27

Started by Foggle, August 26, 2013, 07:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micki!

@Duomaxwe
If you live in the UK, then why not just use the site I mentioned above..? It's a UK based site, and ships for free within Europe and UK too naturally..! I mean if a single day even makes a difference to you :P

Well mine won't arrive regardless until sometime next a week, because overseas stuff... Blarhg...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Mullon

I got it! I found one store that sells Excel Saga and I got it, and I read it, and now I'm really sad that it's over, and horribly confused, and a little skeeved out.  :el_cry:
Why don't you just eat peanuts with your eyes and spaghetti through your nose you offense to God!

Sean Gaffney

Does anyone remember that post from the old forum, which noted that the last volume had sort of a crossover with Holy Brownie?  Was it Uncreativity who mentioned it?  (Is there an archive of the old forum?)

Foggle

Quote from: Sean Gaffney on January 14, 2014, 03:34:25 PM
Does anyone remember that post from the old forum, which noted that the last volume had sort of a crossover with Holy Brownie?  Was it Uncreativity who mentioned it?  (Is there an archive of the old forum?)
Yes, yes, and yes. http://excelold.animationrevelation.com/ :im_nabeshin:

Also, my collection is finally complete! :joy:

Sean Gaffney

Ah, yes, found it.  Carl, perhaps unsurprisingly, does NOT mention this connection in the notes, but it is still translated 'Pio', so we can indeed directly the two.

Mullon

So, did anyone understand what happened at the end?
Why don't you just eat peanuts with your eyes and spaghetti through your nose you offense to God!

Lord Dave

Quote from: Mullon on January 15, 2014, 10:59:00 AM
So, did anyone understand what happened at the end?
I sort of did.  But its really confusing.

Spoiler
There are two cores.  Two beings of god like powers who can never return home because they're broken.  Paradoxically they're broken because they can't return home.

They got bored of the world. They wanted to create something new (a child) but one of the facts of their existence is that they can't reproduce.

One tried over and over again.  So much so that he went insane and forgot who he was.

Excel was one of his experiments.
Il palazzo is the core of order while the other is the core of chaos.(I think)

So when excel was devastated at the end of volume 26, she retreated into her own mind.  Basically self induced coma.  Which allowed the orb of Chaos to take over.

But when the crew yelled for her to come back, she expelled the core's essence which then went into the Miwa not.  During the fight something happened and a new core was created.  The orb of chaos merging with an imitation core created a new core.

And with Tenmugu out of Lord Il, the real lord(orb of order) returned and all was well.

Oh and excel and lord il erased the minds of excel and Hyatt and left them to live normal lives.
[close]

At least that's how I see it.  But it was confusing.
"Diligently at work for my own Ego."

-Mr. Fix it.

Foggle

I find that Excel Saga makes a lot more sense if you read all the volumes in sequence. I'm going to do a complete re-read before I open 27. I'll see if I can't explain my thoughts then. ;)

Mullon

The parts I'm still confused about are:

Spoiler
Who was the competent Il Palazzo personality.

Who turned Excel's hair blue.

Who was Miwa.

Which body was Shiouji's father hiding in.

Why was Iwata competent by the end.

How did Momochi know how to contact Shiouji's father.

Was Excel Il Palazzo's daughter.

Why was Umi a loli at the end.
[close]

Lord Dave

Quote from: Mullon on January 16, 2014, 11:02:58 PM
The parts I'm still confused about are:

Spoiler
Who was the competent Il Palazzo personality. - Tenmugu (shioji's father)

Who turned Excel's hair blue. - (it was blue?  Thought it was black.)  Anyway, the chaos(evil?) core(as I call it) being.

Who was Miwa.- a robot controlled by the chaos core. 

Which body was Shiouji's father hiding in. - Lord Il Palazzo

Why was Iwata competent by the end. - Because he was.

How did Momochi know how to contact Shiouji's father. -He contacted her first.

Was Excel Il Palazzo's daughter. - Sort of.  Il Palazzo is a being of pure energy that fell to earth.  I call him the Order Orb.  His goal was to try to reproduce as his species can't.  Excel is one of his attempts.  Who succeeded.

Why was Umi a loli at the end. -To make Shioji happy.
[close]

I answered your questions in the spoiler tag to the best of my knowledge.

-Mr. Fix it.

Mullon

But the thing is if
Spoiler
the Chaos Core was in Miwa, then what was in that vault they broke into?
[close]

Lord Dave

Quote from: Mullon on January 18, 2014, 06:50:57 PM
But the thing is if
Spoiler
the Chaos Core was in Miwa, then what was in that vault they broke into?
[close]

Spoiler
It could have just been controlling the robot remotely.  If memory serves, the first time Excel opened the door the Miwa Bot pulls a rope that sends her and the ACROSS team down a pit.   
[close]

-Mr. Fix it.

Lord Dave

Quote from: Sean Gaffney on January 19, 2014, 08:39:46 AM
My review of the final volume:  http://suitablefortreatment.mangabookshelf.com/2014/01/19/excel-saga-vol-27/

It's a good, solid review.  I enjoyed it. :D

Also, yes, I love page 187.  Last panel.  It's priceless.

-Mr. Fix it.

Randomness.

What a crazy ending.

Spoiler
Is it just me or does Excel become god at the end?
[close]