English Excel Saga Vol. 27

Started by Foggle, August 26, 2013, 07:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dave

Quote from: Randomness. on January 20, 2014, 11:55:01 PM
What a crazy ending.

Spoiler
Is it just me or does Excel become god at the end?
[close]

Spoiler
No.  God like, yes.  But Lord Il Palazzo will always be God.
[close]
"Diligently at work for my own Ego."

-Mr. Fix it.

Lan

Mullon

Okay, so if understood the entire series correctly:

Spoiler
Kabapu was bored, so Momochi, who somehow had Tenmangu's phone number, called Tenmangu and asked him to antagonize Kabapu. Tenmangu invaded Il Palazzo's mind and becam the competent Il Palazzo. Then he activated Miwa, who did stuff for some reasons. Then some other stuff happened, and...actually the last couple of volumes are kind of a blur.
[close]
Why don't you just eat peanuts with your eyes and spaghetti through your nose you offense to God!

Duomaxwe

Quote from: Micki! on January 13, 2014, 05:25:37 AM
@Duomaxwe
If you live in the UK, then why not just use the site I mentioned above..? It's a UK based site, and ships for free within Europe and UK too naturally..! I mean if a single day even makes a difference to you :P

Well mine won't arrive regardless until sometime next a week, because overseas stuff... Blarhg...

Only seeing this now man, I usually just get them on Amazon so that's why I just waited for it on it! And as a matter of fact I've only got it today, it took longer than I expected through Amazon they're usually quick!

Quote from: Sean Gaffney on January 14, 2014, 03:34:25 PM
Does anyone remember that post from the old forum, which noted that the last volume had sort of a crossover with Holy Brownie?  Was it Uncreativity who mentioned it?  (Is there an archive of the old forum?)

I believe I was the person who mentioned the Holy Brownie ending, other people might've as well, but I had a friend send me the Japanese volumes a couple of years ago so I saw that ending, other than that massive spoiler at the end though I don't know how the final volume goes so I'm looking forward to reading it here and hoping I enjoy it.

After I read it I'll come back here and read all the spoiler posts. Then it'll be my intention to re-read teh whole series sometime soon to fully soak everything in.

Duomaxwe

Okay I just read it, and ultimately I didn't enjoy the ending that much, it left too many things confusing and unexplained. Things that were alluded to over the series weren't elaborated on and too much of it is a mystery, like who even is Kabapu? He isn't a deity creature like Il Palazzo...

I'm still happy to have finally finished the series, but I won't deny I was dissatisfied, all and all I still love Excel Saga the early volume humour is top notch and I intend to reread the whole series again now I have it all.

Here is my Excel collection:

And here is the final page from Holy Brownie which is what made me realise a couple of years ago the two series are connected:

Spoiler
[close]

overture

noun

an orchestral piece at the beginning of an opera, play, etc.
an introduction to something more substantial.

Randamo

Hello my dears.

I finally bought the final volume today and while very confused (though the explanations of some here ties my brain back in order) I spent half the volume grinning and feeling happy with how everything was going.

Some things could have been explained better, some questions were left unanswered and a somewhat open ending (which I usually don't like) left me wondering; but all in all I'm happy.

I started E.S. back in 2007, not as long as some here (in fact, a good cut off point to get all the volumes easily) and I finally have a complete collection.

What a wonderful world.

Mullon

I have to say Umi got the short end of the stick at the end.
Why don't you just eat peanuts with your eyes and spaghetti through your nose you offense to God!

Mas

Just finished reading it, and wow, this was perfect. Despite how weird the ending was it surprisingly made a lot of sense.
I just wish I could read Holy Brownie now, because clearly there is some connection there.

Spoiler

Since Il Palazzo's real name is Pio, I assume the other core is Fio. Not only did we see her silhouette, but she even did Fio's usual :e_cool: face while possessing Ropponmatsu 3, so I'm just going to call her by that name now.

Also, remember this page from volume 3? It looks exactly like Fio's outfit when she first appeared at the beginning of volume 27. I can't believe Rikdo had the story developed that early in the series.

And it blows my mind to think that all this time Il Palazzo was a red-haired floating fairy thing who lost her memory. Just try explaining that to the anime-only watchers!

[close]

Quote from: Duomaxwe on January 24, 2014, 05:48:31 PM
like who even is Kabapu? He isn't a deity creature like Il Palazzo...

I think it's safe to just trust Kabapu's explanation about Solaria in volume 13. He is not a deity, just a survivor of an ancient civilization.
For one, Kabapu and Il Palazzo are the only characters who are drawn with cat-like eyes, so I think this means that they are definitely part of the same race.
Spoiler

Except Kabapu was an actual person, while Il Palazzo was just a body being possessed by Pio.
I think maybe those violent memories in Fio's mind might be related to Solaria as well.
[close]

Duomaxwe

lol man, the bottom line is he did a very poor job explaining what actually happened at the end, and so much of it is guess work.

Also I'm pretty disappointed now the English Excel Saga is finished and this is all the comments that happened, only a couple of guys posted really.

Lan

I would join the conversation but my copy hasnt shipped. I bought it alongside spice and wolf vol 10 so i could end up getting it when thats released in april :/ bloody amazon.

Lord Il

Only managed to pick up volume 27 yesterday after finally getting a free Saturday and couldn't comment much up to this point.

But I've been watching this thread closely, spoilers and all -- I'm a glutton for punishment at times! :sweat:

Duomaxwe

Well do read it and give your opinion  :e_hail:

Lord Dave

Quote from: Lan on February 09, 2014, 04:04:59 AM
I would join the conversation but my copy hasnt shipped. I bought it alongside spice and wolf vol 10 so i could end up getting it when thats released in april :/ bloody amazon.

Oooohhh, I love spice and wolf.  Especially the anime.  Manga or light novel?
"Diligently at work for my own Ego."

-Mr. Fix it.

Lan

light novel. check out my reviews for them in the anime section.
I ended up splitting the order and getting ES27 quicker. now all i gotta do is read it.

Lan

I read the final volume today. Its a shame things were not as clear as they could have been. however i dont come away feeling disappointed. it did everything it needed in order to be a satisfying ending. the answers are all there, its just a matter of reading it again, or reading what you guys have to say to make it clear. im going to miss this series. :el_cry: