Mr Plinkett

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 01, 2011, 08:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

This man makes me laugh. Therefore, he deserves a thread.

Here's his Ep III review.

Pharass

Nice to see a topic dedicated to this man. Personally, I consider Plinkett's reviews of the "Star Wars" prequels to be the finest reviews I've watched on the Internet. Not only are they hilarious (provided that one likes their humor on the dark side) but his criticism and the points he makes for why these movies are awful are so well-founded and on the mark that even if one happens to like the prequels (which I don't) one can't really disagree with his analyses of them.

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Foggle

The pizza rolls shit had me laughing for days.

Lord Dalek

Daikun

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Anyone else get a little annoyed when he uses pictures of KOTOR antagonists when he tries to make up an example of generic bad guys the new movies might use if they get lazy? I know he probably just googles "Darth" and finds whatever pictures to use, but it just feels lazy in that regard.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, the KOTOR villains are actually really well-written characters. I do believe that he's just using random pictures like you said, but it does contradict his point when he's overlaying his rant with an image that references actual good material when his point is a negative one.

That said, I just took it with a grain of salt, like I do for all of his videos, which are entertaining to watch if you don't take them too seriously beyond some really good points that he makes.

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

The lost footage from the movie Doc of the Dead (featuring Plinkett himself) has been uploaded to RLM's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et6QLISlFL8

Daikun

I feel you guys should check this out: Hack Fraud Media.

This channel is a parody/homage (I'm not sure which--maybe both?) of RLM. Let's face it: Plinkett's review of The Force Awakens was rather disappointing compared to his other reviews, since it focused more on the fanbase than the movie itself. HFM does a much better job actually reviewing the movie using Plinkett's style of editing and humor, and he does a spot-on job at it.

Also, Plinkett tugged at our heartstrings last year, teasing us for months that he would do a Rogue One review, only to do Ghostbusters instead. HFM skips that shit and cuts right to the chase, and he has a Last Jedi review on the way. Now we have Plinkett-style Star Wars reviews to whet our appetites without having to wait for RLM's slow asses.

Dr. Insomniac

I wouldn't want RLM-style reviews of the Disney SW movies anyway. Sure, the films have some issues, but nowhere near enough to make feature-length video reviews. And if anything, RLM's become hypocritical in regards to Star Wars and their fans. Complaining about how SW fans are obsessive and cultlike, when Mike and Jay have made hours of content about Star Wars, and their entire career is based off Star Wars. Like, guys. You can't keep calling the kettle black anymore. It just looks silly and self-absorbed.

Daikun