Koushi Rikdou's site

Started by Lord Il, August 29, 2013, 05:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Inkwolf on February 18, 2014, 08:45:09 PM
Foggle, you'll have to let us know when you get the book, and how awesome it is.
I'll be sure to! I'll try to take some pictures, as well. :)

Micki!

WHY only ONE available, this is murdering my spirit...

I'm tempted to get the character reference book, assuming it's big enough and content wise any good to make up for that crazy price..!

Goddamn goddamn goddamn though... I wanted the commemorative art book as well, It's not even that pricey for what I was willing to pay for it  :wth:
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Inkwolf

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Lord Il

Quote from: Inkwolf on February 25, 2014, 12:32:37 PM
There's another one up for $85...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doujinshi-Excel-Saga-Commemorative-book-of-the-end-Excel-Saga-RIKUDOUKAN-/251459743837?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8c2b305d
Yeah, it's the same seller, too. But that's just scary as it took a price jump of 17 bucks more since Foggle got his copy. O_o Perhaps a 10% sale will be offered later? Time will tell.

Edit: Okay, I just found out a possible reason for the price increase. This copy includes the single sheet 2012 calendar which was originally handed out with the purchase of the book when it was sold at Comiket 81. These calendars were supposedly very limited.

Quote from: Inkwolf on February 25, 2014, 12:32:37 PMAnd for some reason i got an e-mail from Ebay telling me that FIFTH is 10% off for today only...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261391447481
I know. It bugs me because I can't really spring for it until next week.

Lord Il

I just did a check on what this seller had remaining today. Only a few things left - two Excel Saga doujins and Rikdou's "Fifth" remain. Much was bought since yesterday.

Foggle

Quote from: Lord Il on February 25, 2014, 11:03:38 PM
Edit: Okay, I just found out a possible reason for the price increase. This copy includes the single sheet 2012 calendar which was originally handed out with the purchase of the book when it was sold at Comiket 81. These calendars were supposedly very limited.
Aw... I wanted that! :shit:

Micki!

Foggle and me are probably the happiest ES fans right about now  :swoon:

Still need a wall scroll, several doujinshi by Rikudou and maybe 2-3 remaining art books, plus if possible, separate volumes of Daitenzin before it became one book, the calendar would be sweet as heck too, I wonder if I'm missing any other worthwhile collectors items..?

Lord Il

If someone doesn't buy it first, I plan to get Fifth by next week.
I'm also going to ask that seller on your behalf if more calendars and commemorative books can be made available.

Micki!

Well i already got the commemorative art book ordered, but the calendar would be neat, maybe it can be bought separately..?
I already own Fifth so don't worry about me yoinking that..!

Foggle

Got my book today - it's amazing, and in fantastic condition! I really wish I could read Japanese, since it seems to have a plot of some sort. I think Micki!'s going to post pics of his copy; I'd take some of my own, but my camera is awful.

Lord Il

Quote from: Micki! on February 27, 2014, 06:31:25 PM
Well i already got the commemorative art book ordered
Congrats! :e_hail: Hope you were able to get a good deal.

Quote from: Micki! on February 27, 2014, 06:31:25 PMthe calendar would be neat, maybe it can be bought separately..?
That's what I'm aiming to find out.
From what I understand of it, the calendar was given out to the first X-number of buyers of the commemerative book. It was supposedly a loose item from the book. There could be several still floating around out there and I want to find out for certain.

Quote from: Micki! on February 27, 2014, 06:31:25 PMI already own Fifth so don't worry about me yoinking that..!
Awesome! I actually still remember when you bought that a while back at the old ES Forum.

Quote from: Foggle on February 27, 2014, 06:37:34 PM
Got my book today - it's amazing, and in fantastic condition!
Excellent!!! That's the kind of news I was hoping for. Perhaps we can feel assured that any future purchases from this particular seller could also be good ones.

Quote from: Foggle on February 27, 2014, 06:37:34 PMI really wish I could read Japanese, since it seems to have a plot of some sort.
Interesting! It certainly would be nice if we could get a translator to help with that.

Lord Il

Not much news to report on those calendars.
I managed to contact the seller and was told I would be contacted if any could be made available. I wouldn't keep our hopes up too high. Still.. you never know. I'll update if I hear anything.

I'm quite pleased I spoke with this seller because I did manage to secure a copy of the commemorative book. Should arrive in the next week or two along with "Fifth." Can't wait. :il_smile:

Foggle

Micki!

Awesome, soon we're all proud owners of this, and can braggidy brag to those who do not own it  :kabapu:

Lord Il

Quote from: Foggle on March 10, 2014, 08:44:45 PM
That's awesome!! :el_hail:
Indeed it is, Foggle.
And here I was figuring it would take an eternity to find another copy. Lady Luck has been smiling upon all of us in these recent weeks!

Quote from: Micki! on March 10, 2014, 10:38:53 PM
Awesome, soon we're all proud owners of this, and can braggidy brag to those who do not own it  :kabapu:
I'm detecting copious amounts of evil laughter from Micki!

Or is that just me?
:e_tongue: