Uncle Grandpa

Started by Mr. Big, September 03, 2013, 09:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Big

"Uncle Grandpa" finally made its series premiere yesterday. Sooo, thoughts?

It's pretty neat, actually. Lots of fun humor, great character designs, and I love how colorful everything is without burning my eyes.

Worth checking out if you have time. I like it better than "Adventure Time"

Peanutbutter

Couldn't watch it all because of wrestling being on, but very beginning it seemed really fun. It's obviously going to be a goofy show, but it doesn't seem like it will incoherent like the trash on Adult Swim's weeknight lineup. I'll definitely watch it later. I also can't wait for Steven Universe to air, that I have a feeling will be really great.

Silverstar

It was...something.

I did like how the individual episodes were only about 7 minutes in length with little skits in between to fill out the running time; had the writers tried to stretch them out to a full 11 minutes, they would've just seemed padded.

Right now the characters seem more bizarre than funny or endearing, but I got some chuckles out of them. It'll be interesting to see how far the producers can take this concept.

Overall, I still liked Secret Mountain Fort Awesome more, but Uncle Grandpa left a better first impression on me than Wander Over Yonder did, so there's that.

Steven Universe....tcha....I can wait for that. I saw the pilot short, wasn't impressed. It just reminded me way too much of Adventure Time, and do we really need another Adventure Time?
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

VLordGTZ

From what I watched yesterday, Uncle Grandpa seems to be pretty good.

Nel_Annette

Okay, considering the positive reactions both here and TZ, I have got to watch this. The preview clips have made this show look like an absolute shit stain. I was honestly shocked by the praise.

Foggle

Quote from: Nel_Annette on September 03, 2013, 06:01:59 PM
Okay, considering the positive reactions both here and TZ, I have got to watch this. The preview clips have made this show look like an absolute shit stain. I was honestly shocked by the praise.
^ This. I thought the Secret Mountain Fort Awesome pilot was complete garbage, as well.

Painted Outlaw

I'll be the dissenter and say that I couldn't get into "Uncle Grandpa", none of the humor really clicked for me. (I'll be happy if it ends up a case similar to Regular show where said program later grew on me but for the moment? I don't see it happening).

Lord Dalek

The first episode was modestly better than that godawful pilot from a few years ago, but still far from funny, or moderately good.

Daikun

Quote from: Lord Dalek on September 04, 2013, 11:47:09 AMThe first episode was modestly better than that godawful pilot from a few years ago

Which one? SMFA or Cartoonstitute?

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Daikun on September 04, 2013, 02:24:57 PM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on September 04, 2013, 11:47:09 AMThe first episode was modestly better than that godawful pilot from a few years ago

Which one? SMFA or Cartoonstitute?
The one with Steve Blum as the pimple faced kid.

Peanutbutter

It's off the wall and surreal, but it had some funny gags. Little hard to judge this show on its first episode, but it seems good at the moment.

LumRanmaYasha

I thought it was a great premiere, with lots of energetic animation and creative storytelling, and the gags really clicked with me as well. Definitely looking forward to more.

Nel_Annette

Okay, having finally seen a few episodes... I think it's a shit stain. Never have I seen a show try so hard to be weirder and more random than AT and RS. And that's my main complaint. It's trying too hard.

Dr. Insomniac

:fuzz:

My reaction for the whole 22 minutes.

Foggle

It was definitely better than the previews and pilot led me to believe, but I still didn't like it.