Author Topic: The Ren & Stimpy Show  (Read 5704 times)

Spark Of Spirit

• Forward & Up!
  • Da Mod Squad
  • Head Of City Security
  • Keep Moving
Re: The Ren & Stimpy Show
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2013, 05:06:58 PM »
Yeah, I was just thinking that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

• American Dragon
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2016, 02:28:22 AM »
Following Nick's continuing trend of revivals, Ren & Stimpy is coming back.

Yes, again.

Thankfully, it will just be a theatrical short that will air before the next SpongeBob movie, not a TV special like the others. Considering how far downhill the show went post-Spumco, I'm glad Nick is playing it safe.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 03:36:01 AM by Daikun »

Lord Dalek

• Writer of a generation
  • Thaumatrio
  • Eats 'Iz Spinach
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2016, 08:49:42 AM »
Hey the Games Era is Season 1 and 2-quality when compared to the Neo-Spumco era.

LumRanmaYasha

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • ACROSS Star 1
  • Love is a Boomerang
    • My Art Blog!
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2016, 12:04:03 PM »
If they focus on the slapstick and exaggerated animation that characterized R&S at it's best and abstain from the uncomfortable, mean-spirited obscenities that plagued it at it's worst, then it could be a fun short. I just pray they don't give John K. free reign to do whatever he wants like in APS. His unfiltered sense of humor is too sick and depraved for anyone else to enjoy.

Avaitor

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2016, 12:09:12 PM »
Well, if it's being shown before the SpongeBob movie, I doubt that he'll get free reign again.

I only looked at some of this interview, but if I remember what I've read before, he was doing storyboards for a R&S short to be a part of the second SpongeBob movie, but that was scrapped. I think now is time for a short, with all the current revivals happening.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

• Forward & Up!
  • Da Mod Squad
  • Head Of City Security
  • Keep Moving
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2016, 09:17:46 PM »
APC is proof that he should never be in complete control of the characters again. Bringing him in for simple shorts is probably a good idea.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

• The Elephant's Peanut
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2016, 02:15:27 AM »
To think he's tried to peddle the idea that Viacom forced him to go so hogwild on Adult Party Cartoon, which is laughable because the other short-lived cartoons on there weren't even half as nasty as it was.