The Ren & Stimpy Show

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, January 01, 2011, 08:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I was just thinking that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Following Nick's continuing trend of revivals, Ren & Stimpy is coming back.

Yes, again.

Thankfully, it will just be a theatrical short that will air before the next SpongeBob movie, not a TV special like the others. Considering how far downhill the show went post-Spumco, I'm glad Nick is playing it safe.

Lord Dalek

Hey the Games Era is Season 1 and 2-quality when compared to the Neo-Spumco era.

LumRanmaYasha

If they focus on the slapstick and exaggerated animation that characterized R&S at it's best and abstain from the uncomfortable, mean-spirited obscenities that plagued it at it's worst, then it could be a fun short. I just pray they don't give John K. free reign to do whatever he wants like in APS. His unfiltered sense of humor is too sick and depraved for anyone else to enjoy.

Avaitor

Well, if it's being shown before the SpongeBob movie, I doubt that he'll get free reign again.

I only looked at some of this interview, but if I remember what I've read before, he was doing storyboards for a R&S short to be a part of the second SpongeBob movie, but that was scrapped. I think now is time for a short, with all the current revivals happening.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

APC is proof that he should never be in complete control of the characters again. Bringing him in for simple shorts is probably a good idea.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

To think he's tried to peddle the idea that Viacom forced him to go so hogwild on Adult Party Cartoon, which is laughable because the other short-lived cartoons on there weren't even half as nasty as it was.

Avaitor

So John K. is a creep.

In all honestly though, who here is surprised?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

We all knew he was an asshole, just never knew to what extant.  Really disturbing story.

Sucks too because I've kinda been getting back into the original show, last week I went to the clearance sales at Toys R Us and found Ren and Stimpy plushes and figures(TRU has a bunch of 90's Nick stuff, as an aside) that I picked up, so I decided to rewatch some of the show.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Peanutbutter

Not surprised he's a predator in the least. Known for having a bad temper, which seems to be part of the profile of Hollywood pedos. I used to enjoy Ren and Stimpy a lot, my brothers used to fight each other all the time when we were little but watching the show was one of the only times they'd settle and laugh together with me. Hate that this was going on behind the scenes.

Thank God he got booted after the first season, so the show in my eyes isn't completely tainted. Never agreed that the Games Animation episodes were bad, they had some gems then too.

Daikun

https://twitter.com/Afternoon_Lady/status/979479753857093635

EDIT: John K.'s Twitter has been deleted.

Daxdiv

We all knew this was coming. The fact that it took this long is the surprising part.

Dr. Insomniac

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.