The Ren & Stimpy Show

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, January 01, 2011, 08:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Similar to how DarthGonzo has been reviewing Animaniacs, Speedy has been doing Ren & Stimpy for a while.

He's nearly done too, so it looks like we have some catching-up to do!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Clearly this means one of us should do Ed Edd n Eddy or something. :P

Avaitor

Well I will be going back to the Cartoon Cartoon series at some point, but I'm not able to pick and choose shots as well as Darth or Speedy do.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

Ugh, so much bad muddled in there.

What an inconsistent show.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on April 22, 2013, 03:29:55 PM
Well I will be going back to the Cartoon Cartoon series at some point, but I'm not able to pick and choose shots as well as Darth or Speedy do.
Implying that their articles are only good for the pictures? If you want to do as well as them, then write. Besides, both of them offer only detailed synopses with very little critical content.

DarthGonzo

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 23, 2013, 03:24:02 AM
Besides, both of them offer only detailed synopses with very little critical content.

I do WHAT now? Have you even READ any of my reviews?

Avaitor

Yeah, I can't really agree with there not being much critical content in the blogs. Darth and Speedy may not go into as much detail as say, the AV Club staff, but they certainly get into their shorts well enough.

New blog!

DarthGonzo

Quote from: Avaitor on June 15, 2013, 04:33:33 PM
Yeah, I can't really agree with there not being much critical content in the blogs. Darth and Speedy may not go into as much detail as say, the AV Club staff, but they certainly get into their shorts well enough.

I've read the AV Club's Animaniacs reviews, and I definitely go into more detail than they do. It isn't easy to critique a show as schizophrenic as Animaniacs, and I think I'm doing a great job.

And what I don't mention in the review paragraphs I always try to cover in the screenshot captions. Definitely not like I post images with nothing to go with them.

Avaitor

Quote from: DarthGonzo on June 15, 2013, 05:17:37 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on June 15, 2013, 04:33:33 PM

I've read the AV Club's Animaniacs reviews, and I definitely go into more detail than they do. It isn't easy to critique a show as schizophrenic as Animaniacs, and I think I'm doing a great job.

And what I don't mention in the review paragraphs I always try to cover in the screenshot captions. Definitely not like I post images with nothing to go with them.
Well I mean, with some of their other shows in particular. But I mean, at the end of the day, Animaniacs and Ren & Stimpy are still kids shows. You can't really expect there to be as many themes or trinkets to pull out and discuss as Game of Thrones or even HIMYM.

I definitely prefer your Animaniacs reviews to the AV Club's, since you're more in tune with the characters, the animation, and the show's history.

New blog!

Lord Il

I have faced my fear and conquered it.

There was one particular episode of Ren & Stimpy's Adult Party Cartoon which nearly made me throw up. Gave me the dry heaves. I'm not even exaggerating. To look back on it, I can't even imagine how an animated cartoon could've possibly had that kind of an impact on me, but it did. After about a decade, I decided to find the episode and watch it through. Yes, it still holds as being one of the most disgusting things I've seen. The episode was Onward Upward where Ren and Stimpy decide to.. upgrade their living conditions from the mouth of a street bum to a bar spittoon and get lots of free "food."

Mission: Success!!!!!!
To prove to myself further I could actually pull this off, I tried hard mode by eating a PB&J sandwich while watching. Seriously.
No incidents of regurgitation to report. I was triumphant and all was well!

How you like me now, John K? I just made you my bitch. Ha!!
;D

Foggle

Quote from: Lord Il on August 03, 2013, 01:37:51 PM
There was one particular episode of Ren & Stimpy's Adult Party Cartoon which nearly made me throw up. Gave me the dry heaves. I'm not even exaggerating.
That's just about every episode of APC for me. :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

That was the first episode of APC that I watched. It was the worst animated show I had ever laid eyes on at that point.

Now I don't even think it is the worst episode.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Il

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 05, 2013, 07:46:23 PM
That was the first episode of APC that I watched. It was the worst animated show I had ever laid eyes on at that point.

Now I don't even think it is the worst episode.
I'd need to do a rewatch of the episodes to know for sure. And I'm in no hurry to subject myself to such brutality. :sweat:

Apparently John K. is (was?) working on a new one shot project, "Cans Without Labels" starring George Liquor. The premise sounds fun.

Avaitor

The S;limed! Facebook page just posted this little rarity.

John K drew this on a napkin with crayons to Vanessa Coffey, a very big part of the creation of the Nicktoons, around the time the show was picked up. Pretty cool, huh?

New blog!

Commode

It looks like it was drawn on a tortilla.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.