Two new Nicktoons

Started by Mr. Big, September 26, 2013, 06:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Big

Nick just greenlit two new Nicktoons: Bad Seeds and Pig Goat Banana Cricket

Bad Seeds is created by C.H. Greenblatt of "Chowder" fame. Let's see how his second show will fare.

Avaitor

One of these days, I want someone to make a book about Cartoon Network like the upcoming one about Nick, and have someone ask what the hell happened to Chowder. There has to be some kind of backstory to that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on September 27, 2013, 11:14:27 AM
One of these days, I want someone to make a book about Cartoon Network like the upcoming one about Nick, and have someone ask what the hell happened to Chowder. There has to be some kind of backstory to that.

Wait, what book about Nick are we talking about here? Cause I would be interested in reading about that. But yeah, Chowder's cancellation really did sour Greenblatt. I remember when he wrote on his blog about the evils of CN Real and how he was implying that CN Real being a thing that happened to the network was the main thing that canceled his show. I'm pretty sure there is more to Chowder's cancellation than CN Real, I still blame a half assed product midway through Season 2.

But still, I might give this a shot, if only because I thought Season 1 of Chowder was hilarious, but around Season 2 is when the show started to have one character trait become their only trait. Maybe this time Greenblatt has a decent crew with him that can keep in him check.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daxdiv on September 27, 2013, 02:45:05 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on September 27, 2013, 11:14:27 AM

Wait, what book about Nick are we talking about here?
This one. I've brought it up in the 90's Are All That page on this board before, although it only tackles Nick from the beginning to the early 90's.

There's also Thad K's recent book on the history of Ren & Stimpy, and Jerry Beck's older coffee table book which focuses on the Nicktoons up to that point. I like how books based on the history of Nickelodeon are slowly becoming a thing. It's quite fun to check out. :)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I would also really like to know what happened with Chowder. He can blame CN Real all he wants, but it doesn't excuse that he let his show fall apart under his watch like that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Nick should continue coming up with new ideas until they get a winner to take SpongeBob's place as their cash cow.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm starting to doubt that will happen.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Yeah, but I also kind of doubt that they can keep it around and as popular as ever forever.

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 15, 2013, 10:48:26 PMNick should continue coming up with new ideas until they get a winner to take SpongeBob's place as their cash cow.

SpongeBob is Nickelodeon's equivalent of The Simpsons at this point. It's already been around longer than Rugrats, and I don't think it'll leave even a decade from now.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Daikun on October 15, 2013, 11:59:02 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 15, 2013, 10:48:26 PMNick should continue coming up with new ideas until they get a winner to take SpongeBob's place as their cash cow.

SpongeBob is Nickelodeon's equivalent of The Simpsons at this point. It's already been around longer than Rugrats, and I don't think it'll leave even a decade from now.

That'll mean Nickelodeon will have nothing left when they squeeze it dry eventually which will lead to their downfall, and that any remaining drops of quality SpongeBob still has left will be long gone. It'll give them some money for a period of time, but in the end, it'll be a lose-lose. :thinkin:

Avaitor

Well Sanjay & Craig has been getting good ratings. Maybe that can be their next big thing, or at least their next FOP.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Or maybe it'll sink faster than Fanboy and Chum Chum. Who really knows with Nick audiences?