Boy/Girl Meets World

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 02, 2011, 06:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

In my humble opinion (which is basically fact in this mere mortal realm), Boy Meets World is the best sitcom ever made, and arguably the best live-action show ever made, at least out of the shows that I have seen.

I love every aspect of this show, from its comedy to its drama to its characters, each of who get to see tons of development through great and meaningful writing.

I would so love to get my hands on the season sets for this series.

Spark Of Spirit

Any word on when season 5 is coming to DVD?

The first 4 are rather cheap now, and are still fun to watch today. I just wish a channel (any channel) would show the reruns on any sort of frequency. This was the show that made TGIF to me as a kid, and I wish there were more sitcoms like it today.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Season 4 is one of those things I asked for during Christmas, but just plain forgot to remind my mom about it.

I can't afford to get it right now, but sooner or later I do want to hit it up. I'm afraid if I don't, we won't get season 5.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

No-Personality

I don't have any love for this show at all.

Best sitcom? Roseanne trumps it in its' sleep! When it comes to dealing with complex issues in a genuinely complex way, that's where BMW has to run off with it's little tail curled up.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Commode

Strange.  I like Roseanne, but I wouldn't call it the best sitcom, or even better than BMW.  As far as greatest sitcoms go, there's so many to consider.  What about Seinfeld or Married... With Children?  Fresh Prince and Home Improvement?

Hopefully though, we can all agree that The Cosby Show is just awful.  Never understood that one.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I'd go with either MWC or HIMYM as the greatest sitcom ever myself.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

No-Personality

Quote from: SNES Chalmers on January 14, 2011, 09:34:57 AM
Strange.  I like Roseanne, but I wouldn't call it the best sitcom, or even better than BMW.  As far as greatest sitcoms go, there's so many to consider.  What about Seinfeld or Married... With Children?  Fresh Prince and Home Improvement?

Hopefully though, we can all agree that The Cosby Show is just awful.  Never understood that one.
I sure do. As a kid, it bored me to tears. Now I think it's also not very bright either. The husband and wife had a great relationship (far as what little I remember) but the kids were made out of cardboard.

Roseanne wasn't always very funny, but it was definitely clever. And much smarter than BMW. Sounds like you might need to brush up on it. Especially seasons 4 and 5. Watch those 2 and you won't even question it's a better show, let alone disagree. BMW is pure teeny-bopper. That's all it was. Not necessarily stupid teeny-bopper, but compared to Roseanne- so light weight that it practically was made of air.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Season 5 was just confirmed for a May release. Great, since this means that they aren't dropping it already.

I still need to get season 4, though, as well as the first two.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Looks like this might be the first TGIF show to get a complete series release.

Good on them, I just need to get it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I thought Full House had a complete release, as well.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Oh yeah, it did. I guess I just forget that it was a TGIF show. I mainly remember it being on Tuesdays... from what I can remember, anyway.

Avaitor

I guess since it's owned by WB it's easy to forget.

Also because it's fucking terrible, but that's beside the point. :P

New blog!

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Save it for the Full House thread.

Avaitor

New blog!