Greatest Animated Movie Ever

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, November 09, 2013, 11:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

With the exception of Sleeping Beauty, which I have re-watched recently, I need to watch these movies again and/or for the first time, so it'll take me a while before I can vote on these matches.

Avaitor

Ichabod & Mr. Toad
Bolt
Tenchi
Tigger

Nightmare
Sleeping Beauty
Treasure Planet
One Piece
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad- 4
The Tigger Movie- 1
Tenchi Muyo! In Love 2- 2
Bolt- 3

The Nightmare Before Christmas- 7
Treasure Planet- 4
One Piece: Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island- 5
Sleeping Beauty- 4

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Bolt, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and One Piece: Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island all move onto the next round.

Round 1:

Match 7:

Daria: Is it Fall Yet?

vs.

Lupin the Third: In Memory of Walther P-38

vs.

Dumbo

vs.

Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation

Match 8:

South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

vs.

The Rugrats Movie

vs.

The Great Mouse Detective

vs.

Kiki's Delivery Service

My Picks:

Match 7:
Pass

Match 8:

All Hell Breaks Loose
Basil vs. Ratigan
Miyazaki blandness 101
Crappy Nickelodeon Movie

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Ah, fuck. Was that a week? I let Tenchi and Sleeping Beauty die...

Ah, well. At least it wasn't one of the UY movies.  :awesome:

Anyway, I can vote on both matches this round off the bat, so...

Match 7

Dumbo -Classic Disney.

Daria: Is It Fall Yet? - A great film resolving Daria and Jane's issues from the end of season 4, and a nice exploration of Quinn's character as well as she learns that she can apply herself if she chose to.

Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation - The one thing Tiny Toons that I never get tired of watching ever. Just a really funny film, imo.

Lupin the Third: In Memory of the Walther P-38 - A quite entertaining Lupin flick.

Match 8

Same as E-K, though I quite like Kiki and The Rugrats Movie.

Avaitor

I'll have to watch the Lupin movie later, but of the other match-

Great Mouse Detective
South Park
Rugrats (I can't rightfully put it above the other 2, but I don't see how it's crappy)
Kiki
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

I still haven't had a chance to see the Lupin movie, but since we're not getting enough votes for this game, I should vote anyway, so I'll just reverse GSF.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sorry it's been taking me so long to put up the next round, but yes, I've been having computer problems again, so just bear with me on this. I should be able to have it up by some time tonight.

In the meantime, one of you chumps could start another game thread that can be updated more frequently. Just be creative about it, like the best cartoon/anime opening themes or some shit like that. :humhumhum:

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 10, 2013, 03:33:57 PM

In the meantime, one of you chumps could start another game thread that can be updated more frequently. Just be creative about it, like the best cartoon/anime opening themes or some shit like that. :humhumhum:

I have a particular idea in mind right now, actually. I'm waiting until my 1001th post to create it. So whenever I get through 47 more posts to that point is when I'll make another one, one that (if there's as many nominations as I'd hope), will update quickly and could very well last a good long while.  ;)

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 10, 2013, 03:33:57 PM
Sorry it's been taking me so long to put up the next round, but yes, I've been having computer problems again, so just bear with me on this. I should be able to have it up by some time tonight.

In the meantime, one of you chumps could start another game thread that can be updated more frequently. Just be creative about it, like the best vidja/video game themes or some shit like that. :humhumhum:
Sounds like a job....for somebody else!

Avaitor

I'm done hosting these, personally.

But I was hoping that we could have done a best live-action film game before we went to animated films.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Daria: Is it Fall Yet?- 8
Lupin the Third: In Memory of Walther P-38- 6
Dumbo- 9
Tiny Toons- 7

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut- 11
The Rugrats Movie- 4
The Great Mouse Detective- 10
Kiki?s Delivery Service- 5

Daria: Is it Fall Yet?, Dumbo, South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, and The Great Mouse Detective all move onto the next round.

Round 1:

Match 9:

Tenchi Muyo In Love

vs.

The Lion King

vs.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

vs.

Shrek 2

Match 10:

Alice in Wonderland

vs.

Pinocchio

vs.

Princess Mononoke

vs.

Akira

My Picks:

Match 9:
The Lion King- One of my top 3 favorite animated movies of all-time
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time- Not as good as Summer Wars or Wolf Children, but still a great movie
Shrek 2- Fun sequel
Tenchi Muyo In Love- I haven't seen it, but I was always pretty luke-warm to Tenchi

Match 10:
Akira- Not a personal favorite, but it definitely is one of the greats
Pinocchio- Sort of the same deal as Akira, here
Alice in Wonderland- Now that's some interesting mind-fuckery
Princess Mononoke- Yeah, it's no secret that I'm not exactly the biggest Miyazaki fan

Oh, and, BTW: I noticed that somehow Princess Mononoke got nominated twice, which managed to slip past me, so that leaves one spot open for a last nomination if anyone has anything else they want to add. It's basically the first one to respond to me with something.

gunswordfist

Shrek 2
The Lion King
The girl
Muyo

Opposite of ek

Avaitor

Might I suggest replacing the double Mononoke with Frozen?

I'll skip the first match now, but for the other-

Alice
Pinocchio
Akira
Mononoke

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken