Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic

Started by Lord Dalek, November 11, 2013, 08:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

So I'm very behind, but I just started the anime. I like it. So far this looks like exactly my type of anime.

The first OP is really good, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's a good series, and then even great during the Magnostadt arc. The first 2 seasons cover that far into the story. It's been quite a bit of a fluctuaion in quality after that, though.

Spark Of Spirit

That's a shame to hear, but at least there's some good stuff up ahead. I do like my adventure.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Magi is solid up through the Alma Thorran arc, so you won't have to worry about anything if you only watch the anime. It's really only the last four or five months of manga chapters where the series has took a direction I'm not really fond of.

I really like the first OP too. It's my favorite of the four, personally.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, the first OP is excellent. The rest were kind of generic, though, IMO.

As for AT, I feel like the story itself is good, but the execution is lacking. It failed to really make me care about the characters from the past. Very few flashback arcs can really do that for me, though.

I still feel like Ohtaka would've done better to return to where Alibaba's story-line was originally headed before the summit meeting. That was interesting, IMO. Hakuryuu could've been held off for a little later. Of course even then, I would not have forgiven the poor story-line that we got. This also should've been much more interesting. If Ohtaka would've just written a morally ambiguous internal struggle for the core characters in this current arc, and made Hakuryuu's thinking more fleshed out and 3-dimensional, then this arc could've been great.

Spark Of Spirit

Lord Dalek

Still wish they were doing season 3 instead. There's enough manga out there to justify it.

VLordGTZ

Yeah, the Second Balbadd, Alma Torran, and Kou Empire arcs could easily fit into a 25 episode season.  In any case, I'm looking forward to the Sinbad anime.

Lord Dalek

Well its possible that they're trying to get through Adventure of Sinbad before Season 3 mucks it up.

Spoiler
Since Sinbad turned out to be the main villain after all.
[close]

LumRanmaYasha