King of the Hill

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I thought John K hated clever writing as opposed to physical gags, non-rubbery animation, and simplistic character designs? Because KOTH is all those things he's ranted about.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Right? Go figure.

He's a big fan of Beavis and Butthead, and apparently really likes KOTH "when Judge's influence is evident".
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

I went to another MovieStop before it closed, and guess what I found there- season 11 for $6!

It's nice to own of the later seasons. If only I could have found the other sets for this cheap.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

Still can't believe it's been almost 3 years since KOTH was taken off of Netflix.....and that at this point in 2016, it isn't streaming on any of the "big 3". You'd think Hulu would've at least made a play for it by now.

I appreciate the fact that it's finally on DVD (and I'm slowly getting caught up), but after having lived in small apartments these past few years I've really come to appreciate the minimalistic approach of streaming. I've been a supporter of physical media for years, but I think as I'm becoming less materialistic as I've gotten older, it doesn't mean as much to me as it used to.

Oh, but I'd absolutely love a "complete series" set of this though. That'd be worth the price of double-dipping.

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

I hope not. It had a good ending and ended exactly where it needed to.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Problem is a lot of fans didn't want to let it go. All it will take is enough of them together to chime in to convince the suits its a good idea.

Personally, I liked the show despite never being an avid watcher of it and still haven't seen the final seasons. But I'm not sure how this will do, especially with Brittany Murphy's tragic death necessitating Luanne getting recast.

Avaitor

They could always just have Luanne and Lucky relocate. She's not as important of a character as the Hills, Dale, Bill, Boomhauer, or even Buck and the Souphanousinphones, at least not near the end of the run.

But really, I don't want this either. The show ended at a good time and in a good place. Instead, Fox could do us good by putting the show back on Netflix.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

As much as I like KOTH, it had a good run. They could still make some great episodes out of it, but even so not everything needs to be brought back.

Dr. Insomniac

I'd be interested in more KOTH just to see how the show would work in today's time. The show often had a bipartisan approach to society and life, as it was meant to satirize middle-aged Texans and their conservative values while taking a very skeptical view on liberal ideas (like that episode where Bobby and his friends learned to feel guilt for their ancestors' crimes, but it's portrayed as annoying and Hank's telling him to stop it). So I wonder how modern day politics would affect the show's writing.

LumRanmaYasha

KOTH's thoughtful neutrality would certainly be refreshing in an increasingly polarized political climate Looking at how has the Trump presidency has affected life for regular folk in Arlen would be interesting, especially in regards to Hank trying to teach an easily-impressionable Bobby what it means to be a good person.

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Insomniac

Okay, what is this clip from? I don't remember this happening at all in KOTH.

Daikun

The immediate Tweet under it:

QuoteOkay, so it appears this was produced for theaters as part of a fundraiser for the Will Rogers Institute, where the theater would donate a portion of the money they got from selling food combo packs.

Daikun