King of the Hill

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

The scene in Cartoon Wars is still the most memorable part of it to me.

Of those the ones that list among my favorites include And They Call It Bobby Love, Returning Japanese, and Patch Boomhauer on the list. Their honorable mentions are pretty good too with Propane Boom, Wings Of The Dope, Bobby Goes Nuts, Dances With Dogs (One of the few 'wacky' episodes that totally succeeds), Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Clown, and Death Picks Cotton all being some of the best in the series.

A Firefighting We Will Go, Three Days Of The Kahndo, and Three Coaches & A Bobby might be the funniest the show has ever been, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

I can never really decide what my favorite episode of KotH is but, if I had to pick one, I think I might have to go with "Aisle 8A". It's a great episode about growing up and Hank putting a blanket over Connie to take her to the hospital never fails to crack me up.

Nel_Annette

I think the one episode I always come back to is the volunteer firefighting one. I'd say that's my favorite episode as a whole.

Eddy

Boomhouer's retelling of the story is probably the best part of "A Firefighting We Will Go".

Spark Of Spirit

Death of a Propane Salesman
And They Call It Bobby Love
Peggy's Headache
Pregnant Paws
Next of Shin
Peggy's Pageant Fever
Nine Pretty Darn Angry Men
Good Hill Hunting
Pretty, Pretty Dresses
A-Firefighting We Will Go
To Spank with Love
Three Coaches and a Bobby
De-Kahnstructing Henry
The Wedding of Bobby Hill
Sleight of Hank
Return to La Grunta
Escape from Party Island
Love Hurts and So Does Art
Hank's Cowboy Movie
Dog Dale Afternoon
Revenge of the Lutefisk
Death and Texas
Wings of the Dope
Take Me Out of the Ball Game
As Old As the Hills

Spoiler
Season 3 is just about perfect
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

Seriously though, my top 10 would probably be:

1. A-Firefighting We Will Go
2. Death Picks Cotton
3. And They Call It Bobby Love
4. Nine Pretty Darn Angry Men
5. Serves Me Right for Giving General George S. Patton the Bathroom Key
6. Three Coaches and a Bobby
7. To Kill A Ladybird
8. Bwah, My Nose
9. Patch Boomhauer
10. Three Days of the Kahndo

That was incredibly hard and I'm still missing classics.

Spark Of Spirit

Bottom 10:

1. Racist Dawg
2. Mrs. Wakefield
3. Junkie Business
4. A Rover Runs Through It
5. Twas The Nut Before Christmas
6. Pilot
7. King Of The Ant Hill
8. I'm With Cupid
9. Keeping Up With Our Joneses
10. Pigmalion

I would only consider the first half bad episodes, the other half suffer from some strange OOC material or just aren't what I look for in KOTH. I think the last two are actually really good, for instance, just not "KOTH good".

Avaitor

Can't you see that I am knitting!

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on August 28, 2013, 08:54:10 PM
Can't you see that I am knitting!
FUNCTION DAMN YOU.

Funny stuff. It just never comes off as KOTH to me. That doesn't mean it isn't funny, though.

Eddy

I like Pigmalion, but it really is a rather dark and creepy episode.

Spark Of Spirit

It's a good episode, but it's not really King Of The Hill. It's like they produced a script for the wrong show.

But again, it's not even bad. Just out of place.

gunswordfist

I saw Bobby Goes Nuts was coming on and sat down and watched it for the first time in years since Avaitor spoke so highly of it. He was right. I ended up recording the entire episode because I was laughing so much. The look on Hank's face when he heard the part of Bobby's fight story about letting go his purse was priceless.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody