King of the Hill

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 29, 2013, 11:28:10 PM
I saw Bobby Goes Nuts was coming on and sat down and watched it for the first time in years since Avaitor spoke so highly of it. He was right. I ended up recording the entire episode because I was laughing so much. The look on Hank's face when he heard the part of Bobby's fight story about letting go his purse was priceless.
Edited
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

What did I do? It was your idea to send him to the "Y" in the first place, so if anything, I could point a finger at you! But I won't. But I could.

This is probably one of episodes where Peggy I'm actually laughing with Peggy, rather than at her.

gunswordfist

Yeah, Peggy usually is either getting easily scammed or overestimating her teaching abilities.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

"Mr. Gribble, how would you like to make this your permanent job?"
"Firing Gladstone? Sure! HEY GLADSTONE!!!"

Lord Il

I actually know people who wouldn't watch King of the Hill just because they didn't like Peggy. It's truly their loss.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Lord Il on September 02, 2013, 10:23:14 AM
I actually know people who wouldn't watch King of the Hill just because they didn't like Peggy. It's truly their loss.
Get them to watch "Lupe's Revenge". My friend was a Peggy-hater, but that got him to at least tolerate her.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

I have a love-hate relationship with Peggy. Sometimes I find her hilarious, other times she pisses me off, but no matter what she's always entertaining.

Spark Of Spirit

Hank: Stealing money from his own mother's purse? Who does that?
Peggy: Thirteen is that critical age when boys come to a fork in the road. And when Bobby gets there, he might use that fork to kill us.
Hank: Isn't there some prison we can take him to? Make him pee in front of some criminals? That'll scare him straight.

Luanne: Do you think that Alex Trebek is sexy, Aunt Peggy?
Peggy: Get out of my mind, Luanne.

Peggy: I am going to scare my students exactly the way President Reagan scared hundreds of millions of Russians with his Star Wars death beam.
Hank: ... I miss voting for that man.

Peggy: Hank, you need to let Bobby learn from his own mistakes. Will he lose a finger? Maybe, but he will gain a finger of knowledge in his brain.

Peggy My uncle wasn't a cowboy, Hank! He was a dirty, drunken rodeo clown!
Hank: Don't tell me... Uncle Boffo?

I can't hate Peggy with stuff like that.

And a bonus:

Peggy: Honey, Trip had a mental breakdown and is now a sausage. That's not a better place.

(See how un-KOTH-but-still-funny that is?)

Avaitor

Peggy gets my love for "Death Picks Cotton" alone.

Still one of my favorite moments on the show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

That one really showed exactly how much alike they really were. I think Peggy might have been the only person (not just woman) that Cotton ever respected outside of his war buddies.

He wasn't dying until somebody told him off.

Eddy

Peggy and Cotton were always butting heads in the show but I really loved the episode "Cotton's Plot" when we saw them gain somewhat of a mutual respect for each other.

Another great Peggy quote: "Hank, the day after Thanksgiving is, in my opinion, the busiest shopping day of the year."

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Eddy on September 03, 2013, 07:18:52 PM
Peggy and Cotton were always butting heads in the show but I really loved the episode "Cotton's Plot" when we saw them gain somewhat of a mutual respect for each other.

Another great Peggy quote: "Hank, the day after Thanksgiving is, in my opinion, the busiest shopping day of the year."

The great thing is, doesn't she say that in another episode about another holiday?  :lol:

Daxdiv

Quote from: Nel_Annette on September 03, 2013, 08:47:03 PM
Quote from: Eddy on September 03, 2013, 07:18:52 PM

The great thing is, doesn't she say that in another episode about another holiday?  :lol:

I remember she said something similar to that about traveling during Thanksgiving in that episode where they were trapped in the airport. So it was basically the same holiday week.