King of the Hill

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

The first 4 episodes of season 6 is nothing short of perfect.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

so that's where they are.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Well, Kidney Boy was the season finale, but it was a good episode nonetheless.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

I had enough extra to buy one set from amazon, so I got season 8. Why season 8? Well, for one it's a better season than 7. For another it was $10 cheaper and I could only get one of them.

First, the menus are the same as season 1-6, so nothing sticks out like a sore thumb. They play clips from the episodes in the main menu ("Dad, I accidentally used your toothbrush again." "Throw it out.") and the episode selection gives the episode description as it always has. The first disc has eight episodes and the other two have seven. They're single-sided. The interior cover lists the episodes and houses the three discs without issue.

I watched "Patch Boomhauer" (still a classic) and am pleased with the presentation. Sharp picture and sound, Olive Films did a great job on these DVDs. I'm really hoping the rest of the seasons will follow.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

April 7 for seasons 9 and 10!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on January 21, 2015, 10:59:41 PM
April 7 for seasons 9 and 10!
You're kidding me! They're bringing these out fast! I still haven't gotten season 7 yet!

Interesting that they're doing two discs for each season. I suspect this means season 11 will be released on its own and not packaged with season 12. Not that I'm complaining, but I would hope for lower prices for lower episode counts. Either way, I'll be getting them.

Spark Of Spirit

Season 9 and 10 covers

The cover for season 9, man. Not a fan.

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah. That one just looks...off.

Avaitor

That's what they chose for representation for S9?

Meh.

New blog!

Speedy

What would you have rather they chose?  I don't have a problem with the season 9 cover, and I like how it references a specific episode from that season.  The season 10 one by comparison is just generic.

Spark Of Spirit

Anything but the episode with the worst continuity errors. Personally, I would prefer a generic episode, but then season 9 is probably my least favorite season so it probably wouldn't help me much.

Speedy

Continuity snarl aside, I didn't mind "A Rover Runs Through It", so perhaps that's why I'm not disliking that cover.

Imagine if they went with the puking Duke for the cover!   :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

I didn't realize that Dennis Burkley (voice of Principal Moss) died two years ago. What a shame. He was excellent on the show.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

"Mr. Boomhauer had grown-up sex with the ice cream lady and dumped her, and now you'll never have ice cream again, Bobby."