King of the Hill

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Yeah, I'll admit that Peggy can be funny sometimes with her overconfidence, One of my favorite Peggy moment was that one time she had to defend herself in court whist speaking Spanish. Something about that scene always makes me laugh. It's just that her attitude gets on my nerves in most of the episode that center around her. Maybe I'm better off writing that she's like that because of her mother, even if that was a retcon.

Avaitor

Too far is too far from Peggy sometimes. But even that has her moments, as well.

I was going to bump this with another one of my top tens, but kept on stalling it. I'll do it tomorrow, then.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I still don't know why they tried to retcon Peggy like that. I dunno, I just think of that episode as some kind of weird fever dream, as Peggy's mother appeared in other episodes before in her other incarnation. She was also a much better character then. She was stern and proper, always judging Peggy and putting her down. It made more sense for Peggy to turn out the way she did, striving to be perfect in not just smarts but in looks too (her mother put importance on that too, IIRC) while trying to be the "fun" parent that she never had. The truth is that Peggy's overconifdence is what kills her most often. She actually is a smart person (as we've noticed from time to time, like how she scammed the scammer), but its her overconfidence that limits her from actually admitting to being wrong or making mistakes that drives people nuts.

I did enjoy her father in that episode, though. It makes her obsessions with musings make more sense as a character trait. Even if her father is really just senile... or brain damaged.  :D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on July 12, 2011, 10:23:08 PM
#5 on the list.

Well deserved, IMO. A series that only gets better with age, has a high level of quality throughout, and never fails to remain engaging.

Anyone else wanna chime in on this?

pimphathank.jpg
I hate Lucky and the Manger Babies
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

How can anyone hate Tom Petty?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Or a communist penguin who wears a top-hat and monocle.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

I can understand not liking Lucky (I'm not the biggest fan of him either) but how can you hate the Manger Babies? They're awesome.

Daxdiv

People hate the Manger Babies? Have you no soul, man? They're awesome and deserve praise.

As for Lucky, I liked him.

Avaitor

I was working on my top 10, but it's so hard to do something like that for a show with as many episodes and character arcs as this. I don't know if I rightfully can make a list after all.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I'd do my own, but I think you could probably guess them all before I'd even started. I think I might talk about this show more than anyone in existence.

Avaitor

Well, someone should. :P

I also haven't made another top 10 since no one replied to my earlier ones, anyway. But if I would do one for KOTH, I do know that I'd put "A Fire-Fightin' We Will Go" at only #2 to make it look different from yours.

What would be my #1, then? I dunno, maybe "A Beer Can Named Desire".

New blog!

gunswordfist

Quote from: Eddy on July 13, 2011, 07:28:31 PM
I can understand not liking Lucky (I'm not the biggest fan of him either) but how can you hate the Manger Babies? They're awesome.
:bleh: 
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

How about a best of a specific character list? It might lead to some different picks.

Kiddington

You already know what I would end up putting in my top 10 for favorite episodes. That's right; at #1... Racist Dawg!  :happytime:

...actually, I'd have to re-watch the series from start to finish before I could make an actual list of this sort. I have a general idea of what would be in my top 10 ("Propane Boom", "Grand Theft Arlen" being a couple of my favorites), but there are a couple of episodes that I haven't seen in quite a long time (notably the late-run stuff that isn't on DVD) for me to be absolutely sure that I'm not missing something good.

Spark Of Spirit

Does anyone like Racist Dawg? Somehow I doubt it.