What Your Favorite TV Network Says About You

Started by GregX, November 24, 2013, 04:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregX

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

No-Personality

Nothing for The Internet either.

Seriously: who watches "TV" anymore? 3 words: YouTube, Netflix, and Blip. I know they don't have everything but I haven't come close to finishing them up to free me for whatever might be on TV in the first place. My Netflix Queue has no television shows on it and it's STILL totally full. 500 titles. Everytime I take one off, another goes right in.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Commode

I watch TV.  I've always maintained that if I ever have to pay for cable TV I just won't have cable.  Funnily enough though, every place I have lived since I left my parents' house has had free cable included(mostly military housing on base), but even now that we've moved into our own apartment out in town away from base, the place gives us basic cable for free.  I can live with that, I get Comedy Central and CN and CNN and others I might occasionally watch, good enough for me.

That said, if I had to pick a favorite TV network it would probably Comedy Central, and of course it's not in that article.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I like watching shows las they premiere. Yes, commercials suck, but they've always been, and in one way or another, always will be a part of the equation.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on November 24, 2013, 07:04:36 PM
I like watching shows las they premiere. Yes, commercials suck, but they've always been, and in one way or another, always will be a part of the equation.
Amen. I DVR shows while I am on the internet and just fastforward commercials anyway.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

While I generally get my television fix online, I'd much rather watch actual TV than use Hulu. Videos on that site seem to have more commercials than actual TV stations and break at least once nearly every time I try to watch something, ensuring that I have to view even more ads to get back to where I left off.

No-Personality

Quote from: Avaitor on November 24, 2013, 07:04:36 PMI like watching shows las they premiere. Yes, commercials suck, but they've always been, and in one way or another, always will be a part of the equation.
Commercials aren't the reason I skip TV. Jesus, you can't set a foot on almost any website - including a good 55-65% of all message boards - without being bombarded by them. Of course, AdBlocker, but I don't have it.

No, TV is the reason I skip TV. And... being more of a movie hound with an insane amount of stuff I've never seen. But, no, I maintain the vast majority of television freaking sucks. And always will.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on November 24, 2013, 09:17:52 PM
While I generally get my television fix online, I'd much rather watch actual TV than use Hulu. Videos on that site seem to have more commercials than actual TV stations and break at least once nearly every time I try to watch something, ensuring that I have to view even more ads to get back to where I left off.
You know, I would be more likely to consider signing up for Hulu Plus if it wasn't for the fact that they still get commercials on there.

Although when it comes to Hulu, I'm more interested in perusing the Criterion library than any show they have on there.

New blog!

Daikun

That article would imply that people watch and enjoy those networks.