Valkyria Chronicles

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 02, 2011, 07:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on November 23, 2015, 10:49:17 AM
Azure Revolution is about as far away from Valkyria Chronicles as you could get. I'm glad the series still has some life in it, but it's so disappointing this is the direction it's going in for now.
That's really disappointing! :( I'm not a big fan of the new character designs, but does it at least still play the same? I love the gameplay in VC.

Spark Of Spirit

VC2 was already proof they were perfectly willing to put everything in the series on the backburner in order to try and nab otaku bucks. At this rate if we can finally get an English release of VC3, that's all I can ask for.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I like VC2, myself. Obviously the graphics are nowhere near as beautiful as those of the original, but I think the gameplay is still fantastic. I never particularly cared about the story in the first one, so the high school theme didn't really bother me much. It's certainly the weakest in the series thus far, but it's still pretty enjoyable IMO.

Spark Of Spirit

VC2 is the VC game I played the most of. Yeah, it was a lot of fun. It is only a shame that they tried to follow so many trends instead of just continuing on from the first game's structure. But I would certainly take another VC2 over nothing at all.

Though personally I just want an official NA release of VC3.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Remastered is officially coming West.

Now if only we could get word on a remaster of 2 and 3.

Spark Of Spirit

Footage of the new game in action.

Not a fan of the battle system. It's really generic, especially considering how excellent the original system was.

Foggle

They traded in the original trilogy's unique spin on SRPG gameplay for slow, clunky real-time action? The beautiful watercolor art style of the PS3 game is nowhere to be seen in the muddy environments? The sniper character repeats the same canned line every time she fires? What the fuck have they done to my Valkyria Chronicles?? :el_cry:

I mean, I guess it doesn't look horrible, but it certainly doesn't look good. This just seems like a bog standard action RPG capitalizing on Valkyria's brand recognition. Even the character designs are worse than before! That video took this game from a "day 1 buy" to a "bargain bin purchase... maybe" for me. :-\

Spark Of Spirit