Abridged Series

Started by LumRanmaYasha, December 20, 2013, 08:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

The TFS Plays of Xenoverse is utterly hilarious, considering one of them actually voice-acted in the game. And the character they create... is just precious. Though it takes them about 13 parts to realize they can buy items and make the fights waaaaaay less hard for themselves. Luckily, they're hilarious enough that it's not frustrating to watch.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh, BTW, did any of you guys notice the Easter Egg from 18:20-18:34 in the episode? REALLY clever callback. ;)

LumRanmaYasha

LumRanmaYasha

Looks like Higurashi abridged was actually Faulerro's abridging swan song. He's retiring from abridging to focus on other creative projects. I'm going to deeply miss his abridged works, but I hope he's able to be more active in making videos and other projects now. I'm interested in the webcomic he's planning on making, and I enjoy his Rocher Hotel podcasts, so I'm glad to see those will still be continuing.

Lord Il

Unfortunately I'm late for the party again. The Higurashi abridged vid was taken down and his subsequent attempt to use Dailymotion has failed as well. :cry:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Nel_Annette

One thing I noticed was that it was mere days after Episode 47 that the status bar for 48 was already at 75%. And now the status bar for 49 is already at 25%. Are they just going to be pumping these out during summer?

Not as strong as last episode, but everything involving Tien ("Fuck power levels! Fuck Super Saiyans! And! Fuck! You!") and Mr. Popo ("Your father's an idiot.") was gold, as was Goku's genuinely threatening "You're going to die." Good stuff.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Actually, now that I checked out the site, the status bar only says that "writing" is 25% done for the next episode. The status bar actually has three phases to it: writing, recording, and editing, the last of which takes the longest.

When you saw so much progress after such a short amount of time from the episode's release, it was really only that they got that much of the initial phase of making an episode done. So, in short, the next episode is still at least a month away from being completed.

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've met a few patients with UC before. It's a really shitty condition to deal with and can be incredibly painful even when managed on medications and such. Hopefully LK can put any other worries aside and just focus on recovering.

Daxdiv

The pics of him on his Twitter feed are kind of depressing really. Him laying in a hospital bed all sad like. I hope he pulls through.

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The first 2 episodes of TFS's FFVII Machinabridged are up. As someone who never actually played the game (I know, shut up), but has heard a fair amount about its story from friends, I think that it's pretty entertaining, and while some jokes meant for hardcore fans are lost on me, the bulk of the humor is generalized enough for pretty much anyone to get.