Abridged Series

Started by LumRanmaYasha, December 20, 2013, 08:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Honestly, this was the weakest of Gigguk's Anime in Minutes series so far. A lot of obvious and predictable jokes, with that overdone "character is mispronouncing word and other character gets frustrated trying to make them say it correctly" gag going on way too long for such a cliche sketch. There were some inspired moments here and there but the script really feels like it was rushed to take advantage of the Bookwalker promotion and release of the movie in theaters.

In other news, Team Four Star may end DBZ Abridged once they conclude the Cell saga. Honestly, I think it would be a wise career decision for them now that they're producing official dubs. DBZ Abridged has never been their job, but a passion project, and a time-consuming and legally dubious one at that. It might be time for them to give it up to pursue sustainable careers in the voice acting/dubbing industry. It would be great if they could continue and abridge the Buu saga, but I wouldn't be too sad if they didn't. They've produced plenty of content over the years and I'm pretty satisfied with what they've given us.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Honestly I'd be fine with it. As much fun as it would be to see them cover the Majin Buu arc, I don't want them to do it if their heart just isn't in it. That doesn't lead to a good quality for their content.

That said, if they were to do a DBZ Kai Abridged style parody of the Buu arc and just cover the whole thing in one short episode, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to that.

Daxdiv

As long as that doesn't mean the end of TFS Gaming/Stream Four Star, I'll still be happy that they produce products both for mainstream and internet consumption. But still, I would be happily content with them ending at Cell Saga, after all, this thing has been going on for like 10 years or so. I remember watching these guys while I was starting out in college.

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

That was a real treat. It's amazing how with these movies and specials they can take such subpar source material and turn them into something far more interesting and entertaining. I'm also just glad to see another TFS Abridged special since it's been a few months since the last DBZA. Hopefully #60 drops in the next couple of months.

gunswordfist

I'm honestly surprised they released any new DBZ, tbh, so it was one great treat!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Daikun