Started by LumRanmaYasha, December 20, 2013, 08:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Nel_Annette

"I have a thick... meaty... vagina..."

:srs:

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Cell is fucking hilarious. I didn't think they could do another really funny villain after Freeza, but they've managed to make Cell just as enjoyable, IMO, at least so far.

Eddy

I need to catch up on DBZ Abridged. I've mostly just seen the movies, which I loved, and various best of clips of Frieza, which are hilarious.

I love 50% Off, the abridged series for Free! The episodes are short, sweet, and packed full of jokes. It's probably a lot funnier if you've watched Free!, like I have, though.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As far as DBZA goes, I think that the first season (the Saiyan arc), is the weakest, since Kaizer's editing skills were still in development at the time, and the voice-acting and writing needed a lot of improvement. It was somewhere within the first third or so of the Namek arc where they really hit their stride with the editing, voice-acting, and humor. Ever since then, most of the jokes have been top-notch, and even those episodes from a few years ago have still aged really well, IMO.

Peanutbutter

This season of DBZ Abridged has been on fire. Cell was hilarious, but I can't wait to see what they do with Mr. Satan/Hercule. Shame Yajirobe doesn't really have anymore scenes for them to use for the Cell Saga, he was utterly gut busting in the first half of this season. Android 16 has also been really funny.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I think that TFS just keeps improving as they go. DBZA is easily one of the funniest online series that I have seen, barring the first season, and it's one of my personal favorites.

Peanutbutter

As much as I love Team Four Star, I believe None Piece is actually the funniest Abridged series. Almost every episode has made me laugh so hard that I'd get a headache. Shame Purpleeyes' schedule has to be so hectic. How great it would be if only he could pull them out once a month.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, None Piece's humor feels a bit too random and doesn't really strike a cord with me, personally. I tried a few episodes and couldn't get into it. I get that it's a certain brand of humor that doesn't appeal to everyone, though, so I don't really hold that against it. Still, just in terms of ingenious jokes for fans of the actual series, I still consider DBZA to be my personal favorite, and YGOA is a close second for me.

Lord Il

Team Four Star..! Woooooooo....!
Keep 'em rolling out.  :swoon:

You have to give these guys credit where credit is due. The planning, script, voice acting, sound effects, edits... my god, it has to be tough making such high quality works such as these. Much respect to their work. Quality like this doesn't come at a drop of a hat.

Lord Il

^This is a merge I approve of.

I'm sure LittleKuriboh will be a highly welcomed addition to Team Four Star's site. His work has always gotten some good laughs from me.

LumRanmaYasha

Here's some abridged series related stuff that's been released recently:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged episode 62.

Where's the Next Episode? - A short film by LittleKuriboh.

Pokemon: The Abridged Series episode 20. Also the season finale.

My 'Bridged Friends - Full version of the song featured at the end of the above episode.

Deleted Scenes from episode 43 of DBZA.

And finally, The Pursuit of Happiness - A very strange but hilarious crossover episode between all the various series of PurpleEyesWTF and Faulerro.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Episode 44 is up now!

While not quite as strong with the humor as the last few episodes (IMO), Cell was still absolute gold, here, and I did still find most of the other jokes amusing, but just not laugh-out-loud funny like in the previous episodes.