Sky Rat

Started by Daikun, December 26, 2013, 05:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Hey, Arnold! creator Craig Bartlett is making a new Nicktoon for Nickelodeon!

Source

QuoteAfter working several years on his hugely successful PBS series Dinosaur Train, Barlett is also preparing a new show for Nickelodeon called Sky Rat. "It's about a rat with amnesia who is rescued by friendly pigeons, and who dreams of flying himself," said the animation veteran. "It takes place in a recognizable city--some old parts of Seattle, Portland and Brooklyn. I had a pet rat when I was a kid, so that's what inspired the show. I'd like to take everything that worked well in Hey Arnold! and apply it to Sky Rat."

Commode

So it's pretty much set in Hillwood?  Wonder if any of the HA! kids will have small cameos, or even maybe the Pigeon Man?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Wow, that's pretty cool. What has he been up to this whole time? The only other thing I know that he's worked on was that Party Wagon pilot that sadly didn't get picked up and only aired on Cartoon Network a grand total of once.

Avaitor

Quote from: Peanutbutter on December 26, 2013, 07:12:08 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool. What has he been up to this whole time? The only other thing I know that he's worked on was that Party Wagon pilot that sadly didn't get picked up and only aired on Cartoon Network a grand total of once.
Well like Daikun's article referenced, he's been working on the show Dinosaur Train for PBS.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

King Hippo

There's a name I haven't heard in forever.

Here's hoping this thing will be decent, although I'm sure it won't be anywhere near as good as Hey Arnold.

And no, him returning to Nick does not mean your Jungle Movie internet petitions were successful, nor does it mean such a movie will ever be made.

Silverstar

Eh, I don't know. I've always been kind of "eh" about Craig Bartlett's work in general (I was never crazy about Hey, Arnold! or his Johnny Bravo episodes; I've never watched Dinosaur Train so I can't comment on that), plus this sounds like a pretty thin premise to build an entire series around. Also, rats aren't very appealing animals (Remy from Ratatouille being the exception) so this could prove to be a tough show to sell to fans.

I could end up pleasantly surprised by this, but right now I'm not feeling it.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.