One-Punch Man

Started by LumRanmaYasha, January 21, 2014, 09:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

LumRanmaYasha

Viz has licensed the anime! I hope that they give it to the same dubbing studio that did Tiger & Bunny. I don't know if Wally Wingert would work for Saitama, but Yuri Lowenthal would definitely be a good choice for Genos, which would be pretty neat since he and Barnaby have some similarities between them.

LumRanmaYasha

The anime will be streaming on Daisuki. Mmm, not too pleased about that. I'd have hoped it would just be on Crunchyroll. Well, maybe Daisuki has improved their video player since I last visited it.

Spark Of Spirit

Not ideal, but at least it's not Neon Alley exclusive.

Neon Alley has been "coming soon" for us up north for near three years now.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Neon Alley is literally just Hulu embeds now. Which means that most of Viz's stuff will probably never be streamable in Canada, unfortunately.  :-\

Spark Of Spirit

Good ol Viz.

Man, I hate Hulu.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Spark Of Spirit

Every time I see the title I think:

But yes, it looks good.

gunswordfist

I should have known...anyway, watches trailer.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

New trailer and a sneak peak clip!

Madhouse seems to have gone all out on this. I'm so glad. The OPM anime keeps looking better and better with each passing preview. It's going to be hard to be patient these next three weeks; October just can't come soon enough! ;D

Spark Of Spirit

English trailer for the anime! Don't get excited, it's just the text.

Viz is already stepping up to the plate for this one. Smart idea, it'll probably be huge.

LumRanmaYasha

It seems the anime will last one cour, 12 episodes. It would be difficult for them to have gone for two based on the amount of material in Murata's version there is to adapt, as well as maintaining a consistently high level of production quality for that long, so I'm satisfied with this (I prefer short anime/anime seasons these days anyway). If this is the case, though, then I hope they adapt through the Sea King arc. It'd make such a great and satisfying stopping point, especially if they plan to wait a while before they make more. But mainly because I fucking love the Sea King fight/arc and want to see it fully animated in all it's glory.  :D

Spark Of Spirit

OPM reads fast, so the episodes will probably be fast, too. I think they could cover a lot of ground in 12 episodes.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm sure he drew it just for you, CX.

Markness

Did Hirohiko Araki draw that? It looks very JoJo-ish.