Anime Music

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 30, 2014, 06:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

The ED was the best part of Blade & Soul, and they went and ruined it with shitty CGI dancing.

On the bright side, Jojo's ED is great as always.

Lord Dalek

Its funny, the ed they had on the first episode wasn't bad (its just a cgi butterfly) but then they had to do this pointless thing for no apparent reason.

As for the song... its kinda blah.

gunswordfist

Sounds like how the Baki OP was ruined.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 15, 2014, 08:38:31 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 16, 2014, 01:30:38 AM

Now I have a question for anyone familiar with Hunter x Hunter's soundtrack. There are two songs in particular that I really liked, but I can't seem to find them. The first song played during the Hunter Exam, when Gon was running away with Hisoka's badge in the forest. The second song played in a following scene. It was played when Gon sitting in a field thinking to himself about how he had gotten as far as he did because everyone helped him, and that he couldn't have done it alone. Those are the two scenes that I particularly recognize the songs from. For anyone who knows what songs I'm talking about, can you tell me what their names are?

Which episode is that? I can probably find both themes.

I think it's episode 23.

gunswordfist

Cool. I'll try to find it. I've been good at it so far.

Lord Il

Quote from: Cartoon X on January 30, 2014, 10:16:51 PM9. Blumenkranz - Kill la Kill - Yeah, it's recent and the german is shittier than any engrish I've heard, but it's so goddamn epic, I don't care.
Indeed!

Here's another link to it since your posted link was removed..
Kiryuin Ragyo's theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btdHzzt50Mk
I hate myself for liking this song. I hate myself for it being one of my favorites from Kill la Kill. Hated that woman so damn much. But... that song..!

Harime Nui Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zAMJXZnJoY
It's perfection for that psychotic lil bitch.
Crank it up on the headphones or other good sound system -
it'll actually make you feel... EVIL!
:il_hahaha:

Not sure if this one was mentioned yet..
Opening from Ergo Proxy
Seriously. It's a beautiful opening song. Crank it!
Let it move through you like... like the greatest bowel movement you've ever experienced!
:lol:

gunswordfist

unknownserver2 extended this for me. ;D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEMgj5t8_wY I'm of course listening to it right now.

gunswordfist

unknownserver2 made another extended video. ;D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6BV-UdQiG4

Lord Dalek

In what is becoming a tradition for me...

BEST OPs and EDs Summer Cour 2014

OPENINGS...

Number Five
Number Four
Number Three
Number Two
Number One

ENDINGS...

Number Five
Number Four
Number Three
Number Two
Number One

And... THE WORST.

gunswordfist

My favorite anime music osts:
10. ?????????????
9. ???????????????
8. ????????????
7. Hunter X Hunter 1999
6. Yu yu Hakusho
5. Rurouni Kenshin
4. Hunter X Hunter 2011
3. ?????????
2. ???????????????
1. ????????????

I'll fill in most of the blanks after I finish the Greastest Anime Music Ever Tournament.

gunswordfist

I found one of the 3 Hunter X Hunter themes I was looking for. Will probably entire it in the tournament.

Speedy

I miss the days when Geneon USA released anime soundtracks.  Those were good times.

Unfortunately, right now in America we're in a transition period when it comes to buying anime music.  CDs are dead, but North American distributors haven't jumped on the download bandwagon yet (either that, or the Japanese license-holders don't want to play ball), so we're left with next to nothing.  It'd be nice if one could download official anime albums from iTunes, for example, but to my knowledge that hasn't happened yet.

gunswordfist

Ah, Geneon. I like a lot of music from shows they license so that's a shame.

Lord Dalek