Urusei Yatsura

Started by LumRanmaYasha, February 11, 2014, 09:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Thanks, Dr. E-K. Good luck on your studying and your NAPLEX!  :el_hail:

LumRanmaYasha

So, I was just randomly browsing on ebay, and I found a listing for the entire UY OVA collection - IN MINT CONDITION - listed for bidding currently at only $15.50.

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT! Most of the UY dvds are long out of print and even the most worn down cost a hell of a lot to buy. A boxset in mint-condition at this low a price is a rare opportunity that I cannot afford to miss out on, especially since it's the OVAs, which are all excellent (ESPECIALLY "Inaba the Dreammaker," possibly my all time favorite episode of the entire series!). I really got to grab this.

LumRanmaYasha

Well, I lost the bid. Which sucks, but even though I love the shit out of this series, there was no way I could justify ponying up over $115 dollars for just 11 episodes of it, mint-condition or not. Still depressed about it, though.  :imnothappy:

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

:jawdrop:

Am I dreaming? Because if I am this is one fucking beautiful dream!  :swoon:

Avaitor

Apparently the movies and OVAs have been licensed and dubbed here before, but only the first handful of episodes were released on VHS in the US, and only the first 2 were dubbed. I checked up on that after I caught this earlier today.

Really cool news! I'm gladly willing to buy this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

AnimEgo did actually release the entire series on DVD, but only dubbed the movies and first two episodes. Wasnt much of a loss since their dub was really mediocre. Wouldn't recommend it.

But I'm so stoked that I'll be able to own BD on blu-ray! I really, REALLY hope it does well for Discotek so they'll consider licensing and re-releasing the rest of the movies, if not the entire series in general.

Spark Of Spirit

They could always release the series like they are doing with Lupin III in 40 episode chunks. It's too old to release any other way, honestly.

That would depend on the licencor. Still, only 5 releases would be easier for all involved.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

As a reminder - Discotek's blu-ray release of Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer came out this week! I hope to pick up my copy pretty soon. As for whether they'll do any more UY releases:

I'm seriously thinking of buying multiple copies to gift to people to support this release as much as possible. I NEED ALL OF UY ON BLU-RAY!  :shakeshakeshake:

Avaitor

Heh, I actually found a couple of old UY DVDs at FYE the other day. They're $15 a pop, but I'm still curious about going back.

I do think that once I get a little more money that I'll order this for sure, though. I've really liked what I've seen of the series thus far.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/