The Lego Movie

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, February 14, 2014, 08:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Has anyone else seen this movie yet? I wasn't planning to watch it, but I ended up having to babysit my little sister, so I took her to see the movie since she wanted to, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was legitimately funny. Usually I'm not one for the rapid-fire joke type comedies, especially ones that are full of pop-culture references, but the jokes in this movie were just too damn clever for me to hold that against it. It was also pretty thoughtful and creative with its story, so I can see why it has gotten such critical praise. I myself may write-up a review for it this weekend IF I manage to find the time.

The Shadow Gentleman

Ive been hyped for it since I first watched the trailers. I'm planning on getting my brother to go see it with me soon.

LumRanmaYasha

I plan to see it tomorrow. The overwhelming praise has intrigued me well enough.  ;)

Spark Of Spirit

I've always liked the Lego style humor that they had in the games so I'm glad to hear that the movie lives up to them. I don't know if I'll get to see it in theaters, but I certainly would like to.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Anyone here like Clone High? The guys behind this movie worked on it. They also did 21 Jump Street, so I'm not surprised people are loving it, or that it has 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. Anything Lord and Miller work on no matter what it is they cram as much possible effort into it. That's why almost everything they've done has been successful.

Daxdiv

Pretty good flick. The humor was pretty sharp in places, and does play with the whole "prophecy hero" trope. That and the twist near the end was brilliant and well played. My favorite character was Benny the Space Guy and Princess Uni-Kitty.

Dr. Insomniac

It was cute. A lot of moments unearthed some memories playing Legos, and I laughed at all the action scenes. Benny was cool, too.

Daikun

The movie did so well that it's getting a sequel.

We'll have to wait 3 years, but considering how much time and effort they put into the animation, I'd say it's worth it.

Inkwolf

Haven't seen it yet (will probably wait for the DVD) but I've been a fan of the Lego Star Wars parody shorts and DTV movies for some time, so I can't say it's a surprise to me that the movie was well received. 

Anyone else enjoy Lego's other works?  Star Wars parodies?  Batman the Movie? Clutch Powers? Chima? Frankly, a new Lego Star Wars release has been more exciting to me than any of the more 'serious' Star Wars properties since Padawan Menace.

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

LumRanmaYasha

I have enjoyed the Lego Star Wars parodies and I even like Ninjago. It's a surprisingly good show. You're right, maybe it really shouldn't have been a surprise the movie turned out so well.  :D

I still need to see it, but probably won't be able to until my spring break. I'm expecting good things.  ;)

Daikun

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Mmm. Well, Lego series/specials and the movie do tend to be good more than their not, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Could be fun.

Spark Of Spirit

Probably because the Lego Batman games do so well and Batman in the Lego movie was some people's favorite character.

Not a bad idea.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken