Aji's Quest

Started by Inkwolf, February 17, 2014, 04:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkwolf

Well, this is what I've been working on for more than a year. :D

Aji's Quest

Aji is what came out of my Hikaru No Go fandom, followed by obsessively learning to play Go. Unfortunately, about five months ago, after spending all summer cranking it out, I sort of burned out, got myself addicted to an online game, and haven't touched it since.  I am now trying to get started drawing it again, before the people printing the Dutch and German translations in their Go magazines run out of material.  Seriously, I have only about 15 or 20 pages till the end, and I can't seem to make myself draw them. I'm ashamed to show my face at the Go forum.

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

Lord Il

I read this all the way through last night. At first I thought I'd read it in small amounts.. like, 10 - 15 pages and then continue later - It was impossible to do! Fun characters and equally fun art bring this story to life. I found myself always wanting to know what was ahead for Aji.

I do want to encourage you to finish this! But when considering how much work and dedication you've put into it thus far, heck, you deserve a break to recharge the batteries. Once you do get back into it again, you'll be refreshed and ready to take the bull by the horns. I can tell you've had a lot of fun making this up to this point.

Spoiler
The Ghost Clams were great!  :il_hahaha:

In my mind, Master Tenuki had a Sean Connery voice for some odd reason. O_o It.. worked! lol!

I also imagined the voice of The Bridge Troll as a creepy Mark Hamill voice. He was fun when ridiculing Aji and making him play the game when hanging upside down. Where'd he suddenly disappear to in their last game? ???
[close]

Please finish! :e_hail:

Inkwolf

Thanks so much, Lord Il! :D

Spoiler
About the troll--one of the things people who play online Go hate most is 'escapers'--people who play a game and, if they are losing, just sign off suddenly rather than resign or end the game. So, the most obnoxious, joy-killing character had to leave Aji hanging, like those villainous escapers do.  :il_rope:

Sean Connery would be fine for Tenuki's voice, though not quite how I imagine him.

And everyone seems to love the clams! ^^ I actually gave them a few more scenes than originally intended (and Maria more lines) because it was all so much fun.
[close]

Foggle

I have no idea how to play Go, but I'll check out your comic in the next few days..! :im_nabeshin:

Inkwolf

Heh, if you want to learn--

The Interactive Way to Go

I don't think you have to know how to play to enjoy the comic, but there are a few in-jokes where it helps to know the game, or the people who play on KGS.

Lord Il

Quote from: Inkwolf on February 18, 2014, 08:25:10 PM

Spoiler
About the troll--one of the things people who play online Go hate most is 'escapers'--people who play a game and, if they are losing, just sign off suddenly rather than resign or end the game. So, the most obnoxious, joy-killing character had to leave Aji hanging, like those villainous escapers do.  :il_rope:
[close]
Perfect! That suddenly makes so much more sense now. I should've realised that.
Good stuff!

Micki!

Damn i somehow missed this thread!!!

I'll have to check this out later, sorry for almost seeming totally ignorant Inkwolf..!
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Inkwolf

Heh, I don't expect everybody to read it, but thanks for the interest, Micki! :)  I am just (finally) getting back to work on it.

Lord Il

Let us know when you have more of the story uploaded.