What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Because Talon demanded it. EDIT: He also sucks.

Also, here's Nel's most recent post in the thread, so he doesn't feel like I'm cutting him off. ;)

Quote from: Nel_Annette on February 28, 2014, 12:44:32 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 25, 2014, 12:22:06 PM
How many hours does the final boss take to beat? You must inform us on that.

I've heard horror stories about bullshit healing, but I'm not there yet. The final dungeon is dragging like crazy.

I got my Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles copy in the mail yesterday, so I popped that into the PS3. Nostalgia boner abound. And the first thing it did was see that I had Graces and Xillia data, and gave me costume sets from Abyss, Vesperia, Xillia, and Xillia 2 right off the bat. I'm going to have all the characters dressed up as characters from games that came out after Symphonia. Awesome! I also got the Collector's Edition, so much swag was had. Artbook, optional steelbook case, four mini-figurines, four-disc soundtrack, and a little 100+ page novel. Totally worth it. I only played enough to get those costumes though. I still want to finish Xillia before a give the Symphonia games another proper go.

gunswordfist

I demand tradition!...talon should get insulted in the OP. :thinkin:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

gunswordfist

Nel_Annette

Grave

I have another 360 on the way along with Halo 4 and Tomb Raider (it was a bundle from Amazon). With that I also ended up getting Halo 3 and some Halo bundle that has both Combat Evolved and Reach together ($30 price tag). I missed playing it so I'm kinda overdue, not to mention that there's not a lot of games on the ps3 that're good for anger (other than the Musou games). Anyway, I also ended up getting the Mass Effect trilogy as well (I'm gonna probably trade the ps3 version in somewhere). For me it's too weird to play a ME game on a ps3. The controller just don't feel right at all, and it screws with my reaction timing. It'd be different if this were a hack n slash game or a fighting game (just barely). Shooting with the R2 button alone is wishy-washy.

As for what I'm playing now. SSF4:AE2012 and Batman: Arkham Origins. Any criticism I have of SSF4 you can probably take it with a grain of salt at this point because you probably already know I'll be back to the game eventually (I swear I feel like I'm married when it comes to this game).

Batman on the other hand, I forgot where I left off. I just remember liking the fight against Deathstroke.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I beat File R-01 of MGRR on Very Hard mode, which incidentally isn't that hard so far. That said, I hear that Revengeance mode is a ridiculous jump in difficulty, so that'll certainly be something to look forward to (or not).

Overall, the game has grown on me over time in the same way that NG2 did, and just like that game I feel like if Platinum weren't so rushed in development, they could've made it one of the best games in the genre. That's really why I actually hope this game gets a sequel, and that Platinum really gets the time to balance it out.

gunswordfist

Foggle

talonmalon333

At least for me it was an afterthought. And I won't make a post in a year or so claiming that I will one day get back at Foggle. :P

As for me, I'm not playing anything currently. I mentioned that I'm doing this for animated shows, but I think I will also make a list for games I need to beat. Once I have a list to look at, I feel like I might be more likely to get started on them.

gunswordfist

Grave

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
It's been too long. I'm taking my time with it just to look at the updated graphics because I know once I reach the flood I'm not going to be able to take in the scenery. Not far into the game at all. Second mission, just got the warhammer (hog?). Not much to really say from there.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

One of these days I really do need to go back and finish my run of the game on Legendary. I had last left off on Two Betrayals, and I was about three quarters of the way through that mission.

I also just beat Vanquish, today. It's a game that's best played in short bursts, but it was definitely fun, minus a few really cheap encounters. The weapons were all great, but the enemy design was a bit weak, which prevented the game from being as memorable and repayable as something like RE4, but the great mechanics do make it worth playing through again.

I also beat File R-02 of MGRR on Very Hard mode. It can kind of get really cheap at times when enemies stun-lock you and kill you quickly due to the massive damage that they can inflict on you on this difficulty setting, but overall there weren't too many fights of that nature. Having to fight 2 GRADs at once during the boss fight was brutal, though. Which is to say that I got it on my first. Try, but had to use up all of my healing items to do so, and even the. I just barely made it out of that fight alive.

Nel_Annette

I am stuck on the final giant battle of M&L:DT. As I said before, I love this game to bits, but these battles are utter bullshit. The stylus and motion controls hardly ever work the right way and a single attack from the boss can take down a third of your health. And given that he gets multiple attacks in a turn...

:anger:

Foggle

This Saturday, I'm going to be livestreaming Banjo-Tooie from 7am CST to... whenever I feel like stopping. Or if I beat the game. I did this with the first one in November, and it was an extremely fun, if somewhat painful experience. Join me, Homura, Dalek, Insomniac, Micki, Eclectic Dude, and probably some other AR folks for intelligent conversation and bad jokes while I collect jiggies and music notes until my eyes bleed and fingers break!

http://livestream.com/foggle <-- The link, for later.