What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

I will be watching earlier in the day, then come back later at night after my job to see if you'll be struggling. Still, good luck with Canary Mary stages!

As for me, I was playing Animal Crossing New Leaf since today was Festivale, Animal Crossing's equivalent to Mardi Gras. I hunted down various number of feathers to give to Pave, only to take me like 4-5 hours to get every item. I don't understand why Pave doesn't cycle through the items in his set. At least Jack during Halloween did that before he decided to give you dupes of his items. Still, it was a pretty fun event.

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 03, 2014, 10:12:24 PM
I will be watching earlier in the day, then come back later at night after my job to see if you'll be struggling. Still, good luck with Canary Mary stages!

As for me, I was playing Animal Crossing New Leaf since today was Festivale, Animal Crossing's equivalent to Mardi Gras. I hunted down various number of feathers to give to Pave, only to take me like 4-5 hours to get every item. I don't understand why Pave doesn't cycle through the items in his set. At least Jack during Halloween did that before he decided to give you dupes of his items. Still, it was a pretty fun event.

I had to work, so I gave up about two hours into that shit. I never even got one item, so I might time travel to get this one done later in the week. Still, I think it's less tedious than doing a perfect Thanksgiving run.

Foggle

Banjo-Tooie stream on Saturday is being delayed 'til 9am. Sorry folks!

talonmalon333

Don't you dislike those games outside nostalgia, Foggle?

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 05, 2014, 03:10:03 PM
Don't you dislike those games outside nostalgia, Foggle?
I actually ended up liking Banjo-Kazooie again (Rusty Bucket Bay aside) because of the fun I had with everyone in the previous stream. I expect the same thing will happen with BT. If not, everyone can just laugh at my suffering for 12+ hours.

talonmalon333

Wouldn't that mean you enjoyed the company of everyone, rather than liking the game? :P

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

What equipment do you use to stream your gameplay online? Like, is there any specific cable? I'm just curious.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 05, 2014, 03:49:44 PM
Wouldn't that mean you enjoyed the company of everyone, rather than liking the game? :P
Yes, but the game was fun too. I just can't handle collectathons alone, I think.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 05, 2014, 03:53:54 PM
What equipment do you use to stream your gameplay online? Like, is there any specific cable? I'm just curious.
I'm just using an emulator on PC. :sweat:

Spark Of Spirit

Banjo Kazooie has aged extremely well despite Clanker's Cavern being terrible (I actually think Rusty Bucket Bay is awesome) and no fun.

I'm surprised you chose to stream that over something like the Jak games, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I probably should have figured that out. :sweat:

I just want to know if there is a cheap and easy way to stream XBOX360 games. Video capture cards (even SD ones) are too expensive, and I know absolutely nothing about editing software.

gunswordfist

I played Spelunky around 1 again after not touching it for like over a month. I died the first time trying to steal a climbing glove from a Shopkeeper because I didn't have enough money after I got the jetpack. After that, I got to the 2nd area. I was listening to the ost on youtube and saw a theme was called egg so I that made me want to try something for once. I ended up getting to the Worm level for the first time. I thought I was dead at first. I ended up dying trying to get my boomerang back. I'll try again today.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

Mario And Luigi: Dream Team is beaten. Like I said before, second-best game in the series, lots of callbacks, great soundtrack, damn fine pacing, and I actually liked that little plot twist at the end. But I do really dislike the mandatory minigames and the giant Luigi battles. Though I love all the emphasis on Luigi this game does. His moment before the final giant battle is subtle, but completely badass, and is actually great character development.

And yes, that final boss battle is painful. I'd need to replay the previous three to compare, but this just might be the hardest final boss in the M&L series.

Spark Of Spirit

:srs:

Oh man, what is with Alpha Dream and their final battles? One of my favorite parts of BIS was that the final boss was not a marathon unlike the first two games. I've still never beaten the first game because of that final boss.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 05, 2014, 05:09:56 PM
Banjo Kazooie has aged extremely well despite Clanker's Cavern being terrible (I actually think Rusty Bucket Bay is awesome) and no fun.
I dislike both levels, but Clanker's Cavern is easy at least. The level design of Rusty Bucket Bay is very nice, but the absurd difficulty combined with how far the notes are spread out and losing them if you die makes it a pain.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 05, 2014, 05:09:56 PM
I'm surprised you chose to stream that over something like the Jak games, though.
I've never gotten a PS2 emulator to work properly. Also, nostalgia.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 05, 2014, 05:35:05 PM
I probably should have figured that out. :sweat:

I just want to know if there is a cheap and easy way to stream XBOX360 games. Video capture cards (even SD ones) are too expensive, and I know absolutely nothing about editing software.
I think you can get a video capture cable instead of a card, but the video quality will be pretty terrible.

Nel_Annette

To be perfectly honest with you, after about six attempts, I finally just did the easy mode and killed him with two Star Rockets. I got other games to play.  :lol: But that really was a massive difficulty spike, even for a final boss. Bullshit healing, mass amounts of enemies on screen in the foreground AND the background getting to attack, attacks that are extremely hard to dodge, and the boss himself has three separate parts with HP (the arms).

I even grinded to Rainbow Rank, got an extra gear slot (so I had two extra on both brothers), bought all the shit from the Rainbow Rank shop at the beach, and I still got ganked by that battle.

I do wish the M&L series would take a cue from PM and have an aftergame though. If I have the potential to max at level 100, then give me some extra dungeons and bosses and stuff. I finally get the rainbow thing, a bunch of cool new items, and all that's left is the final boss. Meh.