What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

My friend had a steam controller. It made me jump randomly when I'd push up. Lot of frustrating deaths.

But the game was still worth it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

Since my last post I haven't played anything. Working extra hours and just haven't been in the mood to play anything. Games is usually my go-to for stress relief or to take my mind off of things (with all this crazy ish going on in sports and life period), but I just haven't been in the mood at all.

I'm also working on getting off of wireless internet as well, so hopefully in about a month or two (maybe even weeks to come) I'll be able to jump into online rank/lounges again.

I know it's around that time again where my brother-in-law and I would run some sets in whatever Street Fighter game, it'll probably be 3rd Strike or USF4, so maybe I'll jump back into training mode on those in a couple of days. Other than that, it's mainly tournament watching and letting the backlog continue to grow (damn, MGS5 and Ni-oh are games I want to get back into).
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

gunswordfist

A day or two ago I got to Double Dragon mode on Neon. Yeah, it's easier than whatever Hard mode is called because I Maxed out Training Wheels. lol. Hard mode was tearing me apart at first.

Spark Of Spirit

As someone who is not a fan of either Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Sunshine, I have to say that Super Mario Odyssey is an incredible game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

A Hat in Time is supposedly getting a console release and I for one could not be more excited. Hopefully soon!

I don't have any kind of PC built for gaming (never really attempted anything with my laptop, but I only use that for work and would prefer to keep it as such), so console releases are a must for me.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 27, 2017, 07:32:31 PM
As someone who is not a fan of either Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Sunshine, I have to say that Super Mario Odyssey is an incredible game.
It's my most-wanted game right now! Too bad I don't have a Switch. Soon...

I'm playing Wolfenstein 2 right now and it's great fun. The new powers, weapon upgrades, and movement speed make it really nice to play. Feels like a perfect halfway point between New Order and Doom 4. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing too. Really disturbing story, though - it goes a lot farther than pretty much anything else I've played, especially in the AAA space. MachineGames definitely busted out their storytelling chops from The Darkness on this one.

I beat The Evil Within 2 last week and I liked it quite a bit overall. The last third or so becomes fairly tedious and poorly-written but Chapter 14 is exceptional and the final boss/ending sequence are fantastic. It wasn't as good as the first game or Resident Evil 7 but I would still wholeheartedly recommend it to fans of PS2-era horror titles.

Last night I had fun role-playing as a gambling-addicted cop hunting a psychotic killer in 100% Orange Juice with Micki!, another friend, and a random online player. :D

Spoiler

Spoiler
Yes, my username is KawaiiGRRL.
[close]
[close]

Mustang

Quote from: FoggleIt's my most-wanted game right now! Too bad I don't have a Switch. Soon...

I've been wondering what the senses were with Mario Odyssey.

Same boat as the boat of you. We all know I can't stand Mario, but that game looks hella good. I almost bought a Switch immediately because of it, but the way my bank account is set up, we'll get into that another time. As someone whose looking to bond with his nephew I just might get it, especially after hearing that Shin Megami Tensei 5 will be a Switch exclusive.

Finally got back into playing games again. Preparation for DBFZ, went back to playing Xenoverse 2. Sort of regretting that decision, but having a bit a fun as well.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Mustang on October 30, 2017, 02:15:38 PM

Quote from: FoggleIt's my most-wanted game right now! Too bad I don't have a Switch. Soon...

I've been wondering what the senses were with Mario Odyssey.

Same boat as the boat of you. We all know I can't stand Mario, but that game looks hella good. I almost bought a Switch immediately because of it, but the way my bank account is set up, we'll get into that another time. As someone whose looking to bond with his nephew I just might get it, especially after hearing that Shin Megami Tensei 5 will be a Switch exclusive.
Odyssey is what I imagined 64 would be when I first played it back in the day. It has tight levels like Galaxy/3D World, wide open spaces like 64 (and bigger games like Banjo 1 and 2 and the first Jak & Daxter), a strong art-style like Sunshine, and a lot of the tricks from Breath of the Wild's open world. Basically, it has all the strengths of the old 3D Mario games without any of the weaknesses.

I'm not sure if I like it more than the Galaxy games (as they are still my bread and butter 3D platformers) but this one easily stacks up and is a monumental improvement on the collectathon platformer that 64 started and no one has been able to improve on since the original Jak & Daxter. It's really that good.

If this becomes the base for a new wave of collectathon platformers we should all feel grateful. It's overdue.

gunswordfist

I forgot/didn't know The Darkness staff did Wolfenstein II!

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on November 01, 2017, 12:14:52 AM
I forgot/didn't know The Darkness staff did Wolfenstein II!
MachineGames is mostly comprised of Starbreeze staff who worked on the Chronicles of Riddick games and The Darkness. There's a reason the writing in their Wolfenstein titles is shockingly good!

Nel_Annette

Finished replaying Trails In The Sky on PC. Six years after playing it on PSP, I can finally play the sequel. And the third game. And the Trails Of Cold Steel games. Oh, how I have waited for this day.

Mustang

So that slightly regretting playing Xenoverse 2 has turned out to fully regretting and dropping it. Don't get me wrong, I fully support the game, but after beating it once and going back to it after what, a year? Not worth it. I noticed some things have been added and some things have been taken out, but man, hit detection in this game is awful. You won't really notice it until you start playing on some of the harder levels, but it really rears its ugly head on the 7-star missions, especially when you're fighting characters like Vegito and SSJ3 Gotenks at the same time. I am a little sad though because Goku Blacks clothes are achievable. Oh well, I do hope they're working on Xenoverse 3 and I hope they fix more of these hit detection issues. Ish made me very salty btw.

Might fire up Metal Gear soon.

Daxdiv

I beat Cuphead last night, all in all a fun little game and it took me about 10-11 hours to beat. Sure most of my deaths in this game were my fault, but there were times I felt the game kinda cheated me a few of them, looking at you Rumor Honeybottoms, Grim Matchstick & Dr. Kahl's Robot. Those 3 remain my hardest challenge in the game, even harder than the Devil himself, whom I beat after 3-4 attempts. But yeah, I will say equip the smoke bomb cause it allows you to Dragon Ball Z yourself out of most attacks, Charge shots makes thing easier, Scattershot is my favorite weapon cause getting up close it does deal more damage. I only use the Hearts on the airplane level since smoke bomb doesn't work there. Also the Invincibility Super got me out of a few tight jams.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, it's a great game. I hope it signals a return to arcade style shooters like this. They've also stated their next game will continue the 2D animation style, so that's cool.