What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Picked up both Dragonball FighterZ AND Street Fighter V Arcade Edition today. I plan on having one hell of a weekend. :joy:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm going to be holding off on SFVAE until I can get a decent arcade stick. I just can't play this game with a standard PS4 controller, and since there is no current-gen equivalent to the Mad Katz fight-pad that I used back on the XBOX360, I might as well go for a a full-on stick. My older brother has gone through a few sticks, but he says that Hori is a decent brand (though he has replaced several buttons as well as the stick on his own) as well as Razer. I'm going to have to do a bit more research before making a decision and ordering one.

Mustang

Hori and Qanba are my go to sticks although I have been sticking with a controller for now. If you want to stick with your 360 controller you might want to start looking into converters. I haven't bought one yet, but smug uses a 360 controller to play on ps4. The lowest price I've seen for them is $30 I believe (might be $40) on Amazon.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I ended up going for a Razer Panthera, which should arrive from Amazon for me later this week. I got it for $100 instead of its normal $200 retail price since I used a $100 Amazon gift card that I got for Christmas to take off half of the purchase price.

As for DBFZ, I'm also really learning to like Teen Gohan, and Beerus is a lot more to my liking than I expected him to be. It's actually really hard to settle on what my ideal team is since I'm constantly learning new things about each character the more that I play as them. Ones that didn't initially impress me that much turn out to have a lot more handy features beneath the surface (such as Yamcha and Adult Gohan), whereas ones that I really wanted to play can sometimes have drawbacks that I didn't initially realize until I got punished for some of their weaker aspects in online play (like with Future Trunks). And even then, I'll still continue to flip-flop on all of these characters for presumably the next few weeks until I finally settle on the team-build that best suits me. In other words, I have even less of a clue as to which characters I want to main than when I initially started. Such is the nature of fighting games. :sly:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

By the way, if anyone wants to add me to their friends list on PS4, my gamertag is Black_Falcon_089, and specifically in DBFZ I am using the lobby character name of Toribot.

Mustang

Got my hands on Yakuza Kiwami. Probably won't start it until the weekend though. Been too busy watching DBFz footage, SF5AE, and catching up on EVO Japan.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Moving away from DBFz for a while, at least until the netcode is fixed. I get kicked out of these lobbies every 5-10 minutes and it's really off putting. A great game that could've been my game of the year but it's bogged down by this silly "always online" BS (weren't people against this back with Microsoft? What happened?).

While it won't be until the weekend, I'll be getting back into Guilty Gear, Tekken and BlazBlue. I can never fully drop Street Fighter even if my life depends on it, but I probably won't touch 3rd Strike until the 30th Anniversary Collection which has become my most anticipated game at the moment.

I'll probably squeeze in either a little bit of Halo Reach or Mass Effect as well.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Mustang on March 05, 2018, 06:38:03 PM
Moving away from DBFz for a while, at least until the netcode is fixed. I get kicked out of these lobbies every 5-10 minutes and it's really off putting. A great game that could've been my game of the year but it's bogged down by this silly "always online" BS (weren't people against this back with Microsoft? What happened?).

This. I must confess that I've shifted my attention away from DBFZ to SFV for now because the netcode is ass. I tried to jump back in today and played four matches, two of which crashed and kicked me out. The core game is amazing but ASW really needs to fix the online server issues because as it stands, it feels like a luck of the draw kind of affair if I'll land a stable match or not.

Mustang

Mostly watched Final Round 2018 yesterday, but I did dabble in Tekken 7 for a while as well as Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

Content wise, I got my fill of Xenoverse 2. I couldn't ask for anymore than what was given in that game because they provided just about everything that folks were asking for. Checking this last DLC pack, we can customize the instructors colors but not on our custom character (cannot change colors of any of the character costumes which is probably the main thing everyone is asking for). Combat/gameplay is a different story.  I've been down this road before and won't repeat it, and while it'd be unfair to compare this to a fighting game I do think they should look closer to them in terms of hit detection. Other than that I did enjoy the game overall (solid B)

Finally got around to trying out Hwoarang and good God this guy is on a whole different level when it comes to movement. I can wavedash and Korean backdash (no where near good or consistent with it), but trying to add his footwork into the mix and stance changes, man, I see why people say he's hard to master (despite people call him brain dead for some reason). Back in the Tekken 3 days I recall just mashing the kick buttons (but I see his old kicking combo has changed since they). Now you'd kick your teeth knocked out for going for those strings. In any case, I decided to stick with just Jin and Kazuya for the time being (both got trench coats and suits for extra points) and Kazuya's attacks look very painful and satisfying and then a little bit of Devil Jin on the side.

I'd love to have a Street Fighter x Tekken revival someday just to play Jin/Kazuya x Ryu.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Kiddington

Breath of the Wild is just so good. I literally cannot put it down; I must've racked up a good 7-8 hours at home today, and I've even been bringing it to work and playing when I'm between shifts. I honestly don't think I've ever been this engrossed in a game, it feels like every time I pick it up I'll stumble upon something new in a place I've already been a hundred times. I just now finally finished all four Divine Beasts (been putting off Naboris for weeks, primarily because I wasn't too enthused about the random Yiga Clan encounters to follow), so now I think it's time to get the DLC. Need that overbuffed Master Sword.

Mustang

I'm waiting on my taxes or a price drop so I can get my hands on a Switch. Breath of the Wild's gonna be the first game I get on there. You have no idea how much of a funk I've been in with single player games because of me waiting for it because nothing else is doing it for me (I need BotW or Shenmue to get a HD remake)
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

I got this game called Tokyo Xanadu EX. I may make an attempt tomorrow to play, but I don't think I'll get deep into it until roughly Friday. Off of some videos I've been watching I got Persona vibes from it, and with Persona 5 being my favorite game of last year I figured I'd try it out. I'm aware of this being on the PS Vita previously so I'm not expecting much (especially on the same level of a P5), but I'm hoping this'll get me out of my funk for the time being and hold me out until Zelda (or something else that might catch my eye)

I did get a bit of Tekken 7 practice in over the weekend as well. Despite wanting to play as either Jin or Kazuya, nor how hard his movement may be, but I can't depart from my dude Hwoarang. Knowing that Hwoarang and Steve are some of the harder characters to learn with due to stance cancels and whatnot I decided that I'll stick with these 2 and add the Mishimas to my game later down the road.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Alright Switch owners. I already have Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey (O_O). My Switch should officially arrive tomorrow. I damn near might quit fighting games for a little bit just for Zelda alone (not to mention I'm just fed up with the FGC and esports and general right now)

Of course I'm looking for some games. I'm open to almost anything especially because of the nephew, but at the same time I'm still looking for those single player games that caters to me (if they're actually out). I'm aware of Bayonetta 1&2 and Fire Emblem Warriors (although I'm iffy on it), but I draw a blank after that. I did, however, stumble upon Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack. I don't know anything about it but the clip I saw looks interesting and it drew me in. Is it any good?
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

Switch games worth looking into:

Super Bomberman R
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
Blaster Master Zero
Splatoon 2
ARMs
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Kirby Star Allies
A ton of good arcade ports

There's some fun stuff. It just depends what you're looking for.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

They just released Wild Guns: Reloaded on the Switch, picked that up the other day.  Also Doom is pretty good on the Switch.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.